World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I may cop some flack for this but hey blinking ho, at least I have mentioned it...The West Arm at Shoreham, I am not going to harp on about the bins being emptied however what is starting to be a bit of a rattle is all the and when I say all the I mean RUBBISH that is left on the deck by anglers...I am sure that the majority of you who fish on there take your rubbish home after a session however some don't. A few members of the SAS cleared the deck last Saturday in their own time and when they walked away it was spotless and an inviting place to fish and this has been many times before...Today once again it started looking like a landfill site and thanks to just one member this morning anyone walking on the arm later to fish did not have to kick around rubbish to get a space to comfortably fish...Thanks Sparks....This is not a dig but please take your ***** back home with you, bin it or brin what you can...:thumbs:.

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'm constantly dismayed by the actions of some anglers. It really is just good manners to tidy before you go. I fear it's a reflection of society in general.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
As Tony said we left the Arm completely cleaned on Sat morning I did the bins yesterday morning its usually a round trip from Worthing of about one hour.Because of the mess yesterday morning this turned out one hour forty five minutes making me late to get to work.the mess was not mostly children unless they are drinking large amounts of lager wine and having Bar B .Q s or takeaways
It was just head banging to see how we left it Sat to how it was yesterday morning
I am sure other members of the S.A.S. have fished the Arm this week and there are always bags in the bottom of the bins if unable or unwilling to do the bins there is no reason they cannot pick up bottles bait paper ect and at least put them by the bins while fishing
I always tell those that will listen that they have closed the west Arm at Newhaven and the easiest thing for the authorities to do if a venue is being abused is to close it to Anglers,the pier problem is not six months old yet nothing seams to have been learned
Cheers Tony

1 - 4 of 4 Posts