World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started off fishing west bay on the ebb, with simple running ledgers. First bite was a little pollack close to the wall, then after that there was just whiting, whiting, whiting! Only one was big enough to keep, but many where deep- hooked. As the tide got lower the fish eased off. My mate decieded to try something different and flicked out a bit to far, hitting the other wall. As he was reeling it in he had a massive knock, both of us thaught it was weed, but as it broke the surface, it turned out to be a bass! After a few tense moments getting it up the wall, a lovely 2lb fish, at 45cm was at our feet:clap2::clap2:. It was very thin, and had obviously been attacked by something. Probably a cormrant, as the wound was quite fresh and i don't know what else would attack it.

Next we moved around to portland bill area. It took us a while to find a safe ledge, but after 10min of walking we found something sutable, and started luring away. The only fish on a lure was a small pollack to my mate, so after a while i started ledgering with the left over ragworm. I had about 5 small wrasse before dark, would of been 6 if what must of been a big wrasse bit through my line:( Overall a good day out, with my mates first bass and my first wrasse from portland.:thumbs:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts