World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be in West Bay for a week starting this Saturday ( 23/7/05 ) and will be taking loads of fishing gear and hope to hit Charmouth for the rays, plugging for bass and mullet in the harbour thats the plan anyway! Any info on whats being caught in the area at the moment would be great. Any Sole off the beach yet and are the spiders still a problem? Big tides this weekend so should be good, I,ll be staying near the West Bay sea angling shop in fact i might as well be saying inside as i will probably be spending most of my time and money in there!!! Anybody interested could possibly meet up for a session in the pub or angling. As the tides are really big i am considering going up to North Devon sunday or monday for the small eyes weather and wind permittng. Nice one.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Rodtugger,

You must be rich to use either of the West Bay Angling Shops. They are the biggest rip off merchants in the country. They live off the unsuspecting holiday makers during the summer months i.e. the ones that don't know any better.

Best bet is to drive into Weymouth and buy your bits and pieces there.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Drew, yes i agree they are rip offs i tend to use them just for bait and any odds and sods that i could,nt pack. I generally get up to Weymouth if i can. Anyway wots happn on the fishing front???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts