World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself and gino arrived at the mark around 3.30pm to find that euan m and his mate and mark mcoool and his mate were already there ,

Just before we arrived there was a solo fisherman on the beach wo said that he caught a SHARK , mcoool asked if it was a god size andthe guy upturned hiss rod holdall and there it was , 10lb female spur , the guy killed it and took it home :uhuh:.

anyway not long after we arrived the others began to show up too , we had myself , gino , mcool and mate , ewan m and mate , paul thornback, sultzer and mate , john emberman, and craig deluxe.
We all quickly got our tents set up (except for gino who roughed it in the bivvy bag) and began to fish , after all there was a 10lber caught in daylight not long before .

Paul was the first to land a spur and in the daylight too and proceeded to get another four throught the night , his fish weighed in from 7lb to 12.5 lb :clap3: .

i had a nice wee one of 8lb 10oz and lost another in a snag.

Craig was very unlucky and lost a few crackers in the weed and line breakages etc .

Sultzer had a nice spur of 6.5lb ( i dont have a pic of it ) whoever has it could post it on here please.

Euan m and his mate had a couple of good sixed dogfish , one over the 3lb mark .

i think gino had a 7lb + spur but again i dont have the pics for this one .

For the rest is was only dogfish , im sure they will get theirspur the next time .

i have probably forgot someting , but im sure someone elso who was there could add to this post for me too.

After a good nights fishing and around 3am we retired to our tents for a couple of hours kip before the journey home in the morning.

a great night was had by all , sorry lads about the accuracy of the weights if im wrong im sure you will correct me

looking forward to the next time .

windsock017.jpg

windsock013.jpg

windsock011.jpg

windsock016.jpg

windsock015.jpg

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More pics .

windsock014.jpg

windsock018.jpg

windsock009.jpg

windsock006.jpg

windsock003.jpg

any of the guys who attended please put your pics on .
al

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Great report Al, and some cracking pics.

Sounds like you've had a great trip. Some good catches, how is it Paul always gets the biguns.....:D

You'll have to check what he's doing with his bait.......

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Well done lads was going to try and make it at the last minute wish i had but not all failed had a lst minute decision to go to do a night session a south west scotland and had a result with the smoothounds wil get full report up soon as i receive the pics.

A big well done to all the lads who made the trip and cracking report al.

Paul

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
Great report Al, and some cracking pics.

Sounds like you've had a great trip. Some good catches, how is it Paul always gets the biguns.....:D

You'll have to check what he's doing with his bait.......
i am surprised you have to ask ads ,it was a good night top company and a few fish great night I fished a mark near the sound of sleat on the way home as soon as i can get the pics off my phone i will post

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
now thats a cracking session great size fish there

is that not a huss the second set of pics and no rain

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
now thats a cracking session great size fish there

is that not a huss the second set of pics and no rain
it was just a big doggie , and it didnt rain all night , although it did start in the morning .
al

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Well done boys gutted I missed it but might be up next weekend.
Neal
The SKink

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well done all the guys that actually managed to land something !
My first two hook ups went straight into the ledge never to be freed. Then I had last bite of the night, and a what a bloomin run. Rod was down by the water, ratchet on. I walked up to the camp fire for a chat when all of a sudden there must have been about 70-100 yds of line riped right off the spool. After getting about 2/3 of the spool back in -- snap-- aghhhhhhh no snag just a weak point from a previous birdie(I guess) gutted, it was a real big fish too, my arms were pretty tired.
Best laugh was Thornback setting up his first cast of the evening. Whacked it out, turned to talk to Euan M and his ratchet went off, 8lber, must have hit the bugger on its head with that cast :clap2:
Good weather this week so a little trip up on Wednesday might be on the cards. See if its just you lot that jinxed me. My last two trips hardly lost any tackle, this time I lost five sets and didnt land a thing:giveup:
Great meet, hope to do it again soon.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Good report Lads and another good trip up in Etive for you, Well done :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thornbacks dazed Spur, Im sure it had a big bump on its head.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts