World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi me and my fishing buddie dave went up the west coast for thornys and spurdogs and whatever we could catch we headed up to ballachulish to fish the north side of the loch where had caught be4 we got there about midnight got the tent set up i fished for a good 9 hours not even a bite so up came the tent and it was off to bonawe to loch etive the mark that i wanted to fish was out of reach as the gate past the quarrie was locked we met 2 anglers there who had caught nothing the night be4 so we fished at the small peir there all day not a bite i thought night fall would be better i fished to 10 pm without a bite and fell asleep in the van dave fished on till 2am he had 1 bite nothing come of it he woke me up and said do u want to go home i did not to be asked twice to make maters worse dave left his bag there with all his stuff i be back up there in june or july to have a try again at least got us out the house a few drinks for me and good laugh PS THE 2 BOYS FISHING ALONG FROM US ON SAT NIGHT IF U PICKED UP DAVES BAG CAN GIVE IS A SHOUT ON THIS SITE THROUGH A EMAIL IF U SEE IT

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just incase anybody is interested we fished Fyne towards the end of March.
Furnace was the place, the quarry, we fished for six hours and got mainly doggies.Started catching within five minutes,caught 22 doggies between us me my wife and my boy. Mackerel is all you need here if its doggies thats your after but other species can be caught with rag etc. If your walking into the quarry go to the right hand side where the big rocks are but beware it can be a bit snaggy. When you are reeling in watch when you get close to the shore,this is the point that you either land your fish or loose it so keep the rod high and reel in fairly swiftly as we found out or it could have been 32 doggies..had a great day and the weather was good too, can't wait to go back in the summer.

Codswallop

1 - 3 of 3 Posts