World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Planning a few trips west this summer with the spinning gear and was wondering if anyone could advise of any decent Pollack marks? I've read up on Rhue Point and plan a session there but would appreciate advice on any other spots?

Many thanks

Bob :)

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Hi is that the Rhue point at Ullapool, loch Broom? There are others.
If it is, the point at Ardmair bay is a good deep water Pollack mark. i have had them at 7/8lbs there. Evening with a bit of a wave has been best for me. Further round into the bay on some of the ledges there is good fishing for Wrasse at high tide. Not big a pound or so but great fun. Sea trout are regularly cought spinning too. Long casting with bait from these ledges will put you into the usuall LSDs but you have a good chance of a Thornback too. Big Common Skate have been taken there only 100yds from the rocks in boats.
On the Loch Broom side of the point the water is incredibly deep. Never got round to trying it yet. Who knows what you would contact there? Certainly Pollack and Wrasse.:)

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice mate, much appreciated! :)

Cheers

Bob

·
Registered
187 Posts
the harbor at furnace is a good mark, tho its very snaggy. same goes for Portincaple on loch long. this is more of a nursery but there are decent sized fish there if you bide your time and fish methodically.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers mate.

Reading previous posts I notice that Sron na Cara at Port Henderson, Rubha Reidh at the road end beyond Melvaig, and Rubha nan Sasan at the road end beyond Cove on Loch Ewe are all recommended and wondered whether anyone can advise how easy these marks are to access?

Cheers

Bob :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts