World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Was on Anglesey Saturday to fish a mark where I have never had much luck with rays. First though was a trip to Malcolm's to see his new shop and to get myself a new headlamp. Saturday morning before dawn saw me heading across the headlands to the mark I usually fish. As I got there a couple of lads were leaving-think they'd had dogfish. My second cast brought me a thornie of around two pounds (only my second ever from the shore). P3010338.jpg
For the next couple hours had lots of doggies, whiting and a few coding. Around high water I had this little beauty, my first ever small eyed ray of exactly 5lbs. P3010341.jpg
Not long after this I had a cracking bite which ended up being a bull huss of 8lb 10oz (the picture isn't the best) P3010342.jpg
Last fish of the session (one of my best ever) was another thornback which weighed 4lb 13oz.
All fish caught on sandeel wrapped in squid or mackerel. Rig used was an up and over-all fish caught at around 80yards out.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Thanks what a great report and well done on a cracking fishing session some nice fish their.:thumbs:

·
The Doggie Whisperer
1,084 Posts
Nice report and some cracking fish caught.....
Well done....

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Great report and advice giving bait, tackle and distance they were caught at, cant ask for more than that.:clap3:
Well done some great fishing for any time of year and thanks for the report.:thumbs:

·
Registered
707 Posts
That's got me chomping at the bit now!! :laugh: good effort mate.:clap3:

·
Registered
980 Posts
some good fishing well done :clap2::clap2:
looks like you enjoyed your day.....
thanks for the report and pictures
Allan

·