World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
heading west myself this weekend...going on the float and lure sat evening and sunday morning high waters.going to try the rocks around porth clais.....using froozen sand eels and ragworm......if your there,i will be to the right hand side of the harbour mouth and along the shore a bit...good luck..

P

·
0 Posts
yeah west is best after south that is

remember god practised on west wales first then he made the south

·
Registered
6,973 Posts

What you doing in the land of the Angles then m8 and BTW I meantSouth.........and West..........and Wales :) :)

·
Registered
7,887 Posts
Porthclais is a fantastic area and the only part of this coast I know fairly well! Watch out for big swells on the rocks out round the corner on the R overlooking St Brides Bay and Ramsey, but if it's fairly calm it's a great area to fish and relax!

If it's a bit rough there is a rock mark reachable by a fair scramble which puts you right at the mouth of the inlet and in more sheltered conditions. It would be cramped with any more than 2 anglers. Not that deep but produces pollack to a couple of pounds to jellyworms & redgills retrived slowly over the kelp: you ideally want high tide corresponding with evenings. Great sport on light spinning tackle! There is sand in the middle of the inlet, but owing to the rather cramped position I haven't tried legering here, although at night I imagine the huss might show as sandeels are there in numbers.

Have a good 'un!

Incidentally has anybody tried the Dinas Fawr headland - the first large one east of Solva? I did some geology fieldwork round here a few years ago and it looked a fishy spot! Goes quite a way out so sea.

Cheers - John

·
Registered
908 Posts
South West Wales is best (Pembs) lots of long surf beaches, Rock marks, Rough ground ,tonnes of different species- your garunteed a great catch.

·
Registered
196 Posts
cool wez said:
South West Wales is best (Pembs) lots of long surf beaches, Rock marks, Rough ground ,tonnes of different species- your garunteed a great catch.

I could not agree more wez. Pembs has some fantastic fishing on offer and for the most part you can get a rock mark or bay all to yourself.

·
Registered
179 Posts
hi mate

do all my fishing out of solva on boat, good place dinas fawr(pen dinas), pollack 2 5lb, bass macky and i would imagine wrasse doggy huss trigger fish. but if you fish anywhere between porthclais and pen dinas you should have a great time and good catch, even from the shore between that roughly 1 mile, ive had rockling pollack, doggy, bass, wrasse, macky, plaice scad, gurnard so its good

let me know if ya go

tight lines
joejarvy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts