World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to fish West Pier again this morning as had another day off. Decided to fish an hour from top tide using bait of lug and mackerel.

Fished two rods for the first time as starting to get bit more of a knack to this fishing lark!

Usual suspects caught had around 20 pin whiting and two of these not sure if it's a pouting image.jpg ?

The most bizarre incident of my relatively short fishing experience was getting a knock on my bass rod... Started to reel in and seemed quite heavy. Two hook flapper, one whiting and one dog fish. As I went to de-hook the dog fish he regurgitated a whiting that must have been on the hook when he took it.

image.jpg . image.jpg

Just can't wait for the season to pick up now and catch a few more species.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Well done mate nice report & pics, thinking of heading down tomorrow, can you enter from up by Rodgers tackle or is it still closed off cheers Chris

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well done mate nice report & pics, thinking of heading down tomorrow, can you enter from up by Rodgers tackle or is it still closed off cheers Chris
As you walk down the walkway from tackle shop it is fenced off but just deviate to the right along the dunes and there is an entrance point from the beach (I never knew that entrance was there).

Was thinking of going myself tomorrow but when I checked forecast yesterday looked quite gusty...

·
Team Loonz
8,189 Posts
Nice report mate and a good days fishing...........:thumbs:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Let me know how you get on if you go... I'm debating it as off too but daughters gone to childminder this morning but is feeling poorly so I'm expecting the call to collect.

Seems to have been more activity just an hour before top tide to an hour or so after in few times I've fished of late there

1 - 13 of 13 Posts