World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spending a week or so in the Scottish weather and its fantastic scenery. Fished the above venue, looked great on arrival and looked 'fishy!!'. Strong wind from the SW, 25-30mph but we managed to escape the worse of the rain. Easier fishing than I thought despite the incredible depth, no lost gear. The venue screamed Norway to me except the quality of the fishing which is a shame. Spread the rods around with lugworm, mackerel, sandeel and squid baits. Just one LSD for the effort but great drive in from the A830.

·
Sea Trout Fan
5,975 Posts
Surprised you never managed to connect with much here. It's usually good for spurs or thornies and congers at the least. Difficult place to fish on big tides though.
That's fishing though, the fish aren't always there.

Just read your other reports , you made a good effort and sounds like you enjoyed the surroundings.
Pretty sure if you put up a post next time you are coming some of the guys will give you some marks to put you on the fish..

Glad you enjoyed your trip ..

·
Registered
590 Posts
Got to echo Neils comments, have read your reports and commiserate on the lack of fish, certainly wasn't for the lack of trying, only fished Lochaline once and still amazed at the depth, even in close.

Enjoyed the reports you've posted and hope your next trip up is a wee bit more fishy.

Thanks for posting.

Freck

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys. Take you up on that Neil, thanks. Despite 'entertaining' anglers on their visits to Alderney I always feel guilty when visiting elsewhere and start asking the ins and outs of specific areas. Just did some research beforehand and based my efforts on that otherwise I'll become a key board warrior and even ask which side of the goldfish bowl to fish on :) Love Scotland though and defo be back probably even before the year is out

G

·
unlucky on the fishing mate.from what i know from mates that fish the pier regular it can be a bit hit and miss,and the best sessions tend to be during periods of calm settled weather despite the depth of the water,been some great catches of conger,common skate,big thornies amongst others from there ,so dont write it off just yet.
the west coast ,particularly the sea lochs ,tends to fish better on the bigger tides,and the later in spring,into summer the better.glad you enjoyed the visit,and best of luck for your next trip. if you put a post up regarding where you are heading someone from the forum will help out/meet up to get you going.
cheers rab

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Don't feel guilty about asking for info mate.
Info on the Highlands is few and far between at the best of times, but there are enough of us who are willing to help out where possible to at least make it worth while posting.
Appreciate the reports as it all contributes to the pool of info on the area.
Cheers, Leo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'll be in the Oban area on holiday in the middle of June. I'm flying in so I have limited gear. This sounds like it has all the ingredients, potential fish, safe, dry feet (don't have waders). Can anyone tell me how far I'll need to cast out? I only have a fixed spool on a 10' pole. Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
434 Posts
Spending a week or so in the Scottish weather and its fantastic scenery. Fished the above venue, looked great on arrival and looked 'fishy!!'. Strong wind from the SW, 25-30mph but we managed to escape the worse of the rain. Easier fishing than I thought despite the incredible depth, no lost gear. The venue screamed Norway to me except the quality of the fishing which is a shame. Spread the rods around with lugworm, mackerel, sandeel and squid baits. Just one LSD for the effort but great drive in from the A830.
Too tired too write the report now , but just back from there sat 02.30 till sunday afternoon , worth the wait i can assure you .:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Looks like you just dipped out at loch Aline, don't know if you've read the most recent report from the loch the lads had a great session hope you get your rewards on your next visit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts