World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea if anyhthing has been caught from these 2 venues recently. Thinking about going fishing this afternoon, convince me its worth it,lol

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Its going to be a nice evening, sun is shinning its always worth it!

·
Registered
110 Posts
there catching bass garfish pollack and the odd mackeral down mumbles pier at the mo

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
Mumbles

Fiver to park, 3 quid per rod.

West Pier

Free parking.

No contest is there! :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Mumbles is free to park if you go near the pier... i never paid and been fishing there for 8 years and if you have a rod holdal just say your using the one rod ;) iv always done it

·
Registered
110 Posts
theres been some nice bass caught off mumbles recently aswell

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gonna do a lot of fishong down mumbles this summer. I will probably give West Pier a go today as its closer and money is a bit tight. Might chuck out a bass spinner for a bit then switch to bait fishing. If i go will post a report later.

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
No rod bags are allowed on the pier, also good luck getting parked by the pier this time of year, especially when the weather is like this. ;)

But if you want the chance of a decent fish, Mumbles is the place to go, suggested the Westie because it's a cheap day out and you'll catch some fish there as well. :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi all

FTP!

Don't you have to have a permit to fish on the West Pier these days? I have been approached by the BPA previously while at this venue.

I was able to carry on by pleading ignorance as I thought you only needed a permit for the East Pier...

cheers

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
:g: for some strange reason,its £3.50 at knab all day,whats the apple car park,think thats £3.50 to,assume mumbles pier car park is owned by the pier other two by council.:g: hint of greed me thinks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
apologies if I am posting out of turn, but you do have to have a permit to fish the West pier - £28.50 a year :yucky:

that sucks!

·
Registered
462 Posts
ROD BAGS.... i fish the pier very oftern as u'l see from my reports and every time i fish it iv got all my gear box and rod bag they have never stopped me from taking a rod bag on so i dunt know were you have had that info from rob?

·
Registered
70 Posts
ROD BAGS.... i fish the pier very oftern as u'l see from my reports and every time i fish it iv got all my gear box and rod bag they have never stopped me from taking a rod bag on so i dunt know were you have had that info from rob?
theres a notice in the kiosk sayiong no rod bags etc. but the bloke does leave u on with them

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fished yesterday for a couple of hours on the west pier, just a whiting. Very windy when i go there with grit going in my face but it did calm down a bit to fish. When i get some more cash will try mumbles pier next.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts