World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all went to the west pier for the first time this year as the shortie is out of action. Stunning afternoon and set up just after 1, used 2 rods the first with a 3 hook flapper using rag and the second with sandeel on a pennel just in case. Fished until 5 and caught a codling, 2 coalie and 9 pin Whiting all on the rag. Sandeel was not touched all day great afternoon though was more like May than March. :yeah:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No bud they were small about 7 inches, flounder are on my list this year you can show me your tricks down lougher :notworthy

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That was only the second time I have been there. There is a big fenced off section right at the start of the pier from storm damage, and the very end of the pier looks like it may fall into the sea after a few more batterings. Even though it was quiet it was still full of rubbish from anglers squid boxes etc. I dont get it how hard is it to take it back with you and put it in one of the bins at the car park.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Was that fishing over the beach side rather than dock?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Beach side. Just got back as went there this afternoon also had 5 pin Whiting and a 3 beard rockling which was a first for me.

·
Registered
292 Posts
What bait were you using today? May give this a shout on Wednesday.

Cheers

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rag from dragon baits on both days. Was having knocks on pretty much every cast but no size to the fish good fun though and nice
to get out in the sun.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Ah good stuff. Not fished down there for years but will prob give it a crack. Do you risk losing fish retrieving over wall or do you sit atop it and lean rod over... Do t really fancy perching on that haha

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't perch on the wall bud, at the moment I don't think you would be worried losing them due to the size.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Ah good stuff. Not fished down there for years but will prob give it a crack. Do you risk losing fish retrieving over wall or do you sit atop it and lean rod over... Do t really fancy perching on that haha
What would rather, lose a fish or take a dip?? :) reel up the wall unless it's a monster, then you'll either have to walk it to shore along the wall or hand line it up and again risk losing it. Or a drop net.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts