World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Free junior (under 16) still applies but has to be accompanied by an adult. A child under 16 can still join the mian senior table but not enter the pool.

Any questions call me nick kidwell 07969401117

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Slight confussion on the boudaries.....

Green banks (from Railway Bridge down to Lower pole by Dogs home)

Penclawdd Bank (mouth of main pill to the pill in front of the Point/Battery (not crofty pill))

Ashtips Pill down to second slip of Loughot Boating Club

Thanks again

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Phil...wasnt quite able to bend the rules and allow kayaks in but always try again next year ;)

ps......Loughor is fishing its tits off with big fish coming out.....still bass appearing as well (will be targeting them further down on monday night)............should be a good comp

·
Registered
412 Posts
Fished Green banks yesterday footpath across railway closed had to walk over sail bridge think it will be closed for a while. Just thought id mention it as its a fair strut for the less abled bodied angler.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Andy for the info...

Yes they were transferring major machinary and parts in all day yesterday and today.......

Should expect it to be back open by then if not the fly over bridge and through Gateway caravan site will be the main entrys to the Green Banks (dont take risks.....always stay safe)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi all......clarifying a recurring question from phone calls.........

Penclawdd bank boundaries......start at the mouth of the main penclawdd pill (by the lay-by on the right just after the long row of small terraced houses) and finishes at the pill just before the start of the point/battery (behind crofty industrial estate)

It is fishing very well at the moment so give yourself enough time to check the area out before coming,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
14,862 Posts
I've just copied this post from another thread. Please take notice anyone thinking of fishing the banks.

Before you all go rushing off to fish this mark. PLEASE PLEASE for safety sake do your research! Like a lot of estuary marks size and times of tide are crucial when fishing this mark. If you look closely at any map/chart/google earth you will see the whole area is crisscrossed by pills(small and large gullies) and areas of very soft mud which makes the walk out to the water quite strenuous and potentially dangerous ! Travel light & fish light is the name of the game and be prepared to get a bit muddy! If you don't know the mark try to find someone who does and fish with them.
I'm not trying to deter anybody from fishing this prolific mark but just want to make sure people are aware of the potential dangers.
OBTW don't ask me to join you as I'm a bit to unfit to go all the way out there these days.
:wheelchai

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the detail. safety is paramount but if you park in the main car park.and.follow the muddy path out you shouldn't have a problem. The water will not.come over the bank on this size tide. There will be experienced angles and stewards on hand for advice if needed. Having fished all other marks up and down the loughor I have always enjoyed this mark.

The green banks and loughor boating club are also available to fish. all fishing very well.

·
Registered
620 Posts
hi any chance some one can mark the crofty/penclawwd boundaries on google maps .
going to do this comp but unsure of the boundaries on this side of estuary

thanks steve

·
Registered
211 Posts
hi all can any 1 fish this comp???????? as i was going down friday but i'd like to fish this comp if possible. but i have never fished 1 before and know nothing about them. any help would be much appreciated thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The basics :
When fishing the comp things to remember are a bucket (to hold the fish and keep them from losing weight),measure tape/rule, pen (for the card), and something to keep the card clean.

Use your head when choosing a spot giving room to the anglers close to you. Get your spot early enough not to be dissapointed and dress very warm.

Bring plenty of bait (not to run out)

Bring a selection of traces and while one is in the water bait another one up for quick transition.

When taking a fish to the stewards or marshalls keep it on the trace and in your bucket of water.

Any further advice and call me before or during the comp

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fished the Penclawdd today but up the pill further into the village due to the size or the tide and had a great session! 5 flats all in the 16 inch bracket around 1.10 to 2.3 mark! chuffed to bits (pics to follow when son come home to show me how to put them on from camara phone #technologynumpty)..........will fish n Sunday but at the mouth of the big pill, wondering where the flag will be? Close to where the bait diggers park there cars on the right had side lay by????

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.