World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched from Port Eynon yesterday accompanied by Andy, and another mate. Managed to get the boat in on the second attempt. Drifted along the coast towards the worm.

unfortunetly we couldn't get hold of any live eel but decided to go with the shads, and hopefully pick up some early macky, found the macks fine but all to big for the Bass, managed to hit quite a lot of Pollock and decided to give one or two a go as a live bait, was well suprised I managed a bass of around 2lb, and had a snap off at the surface with a slightly bigger fish, unfortunetly that was the only Bass takes we had. Andy had a cracking bend put in his rod on a shad which we all shouted bass on, but it turned to be a pollack on steroids. Andy had a Garfish and my other mate pulled one out spinning plus a cracking macky on the float.

All in all still a bit early for the Bass in numbers but a cracking day in the sunshine, a hearty fry up and a good bit of banter and plenty of other fish. Looking forward to the next trip now.

KK Paul

G

·
Launched from Port Eynon yesterday accompanied by Andy, and another mate. Managed to get the boat in on the second attempt. Drifted along the coast towards the worm.

unfortunetly we couldn't get hold of any live eel but decided to go with the shads, and hopefully pick up some early macky, found the macks fine but all to big for the Bass, managed to hit quite a lot of Pollock and decided to give one or two a go as a live bait, was well suprised I managed a bass of around 2lb, and had a snap off at the surface with a slightly bigger fish, unfortunetly that was the only Bass takes we had. Andy had a cracking bend put in his rod on a shad which we all shouted bass on, but it turned to be a pollack on steroids. Andy had a Garfish and my other mate pulled one out spinning plus a cracking macky on the float.

All in all still a bit early for the Bass in numbers but a cracking day in the sunshine, a hearty fry up and a good bit of banter and plenty of other fish. Looking forward to the next trip now.

KK Paul
nice one kk meet up soon:clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi paul first I must thank you on the opportunity for the trip on your boat

Well as you said a little early for the macky but we soon had a few full strings of them sods law all but a few were big .so onto the small Pollack for a bit of live baiting and wham straight into them decided to put a shad on as we had few small Pollack left no sooner as it got to the bottom and thud it was of like a exocet missile thought bass ! that turned out to be a Pollack on speed .

Then of to the worms had the biggest sausage and bacon roll in my life cheers mate then off for some float fishing and spinning in all one of the most pleasant days fishing on a boat to date , hope to catch up with you again paul cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts