World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
This is my first post, and I would like to ask a question regarding venues on the West Wales coast. I live in Fareham, near Portsmouth but originally from Pontyberem, near Llanelli and I'm travelling back in August to do a spot of sea fishing. Can anyone recommend any decent venues on the West Wales coast and what bait is best used and at what time of day/tide.
Thanks for any help.
Diolch

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Hi Taff and welcome, have a squint around and I'm sure you'll find some good recommendations. BTW all the usual suspects are still here: Cefn, Ferryside, Loughor etc ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll do that, but if you can think of anywhere then drop me a line. Also if I get any success during August I'll let you know on my return.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Hi Taff,

We have had quite a long conversation in the thread "fishing at Dusk" we talked about mwnt, it's not out of your reach, only 35-40 mins from carms and your on the cardigan coast. Might find something to your interest!

apart from that llansteffan is nice, cant go wrong in port eynon in the gower either.

a link http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....=0&scale=500000&multimap.x=443&multimap.y=100

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....ovtype=&zm=0&scale=200000&left.x=5&left.y=141

regards

Bobcat

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that, I'll give those two venues a try at dusk. Are they any good in the day?, and what bait would you recommend.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Lots of flatties there, worm never fails for em. Tides are are a pain though, when it comes in, your moved up the beach like a right tit lol. Pealer crab and worm, your on thin sand there, spinng and other mothods are better used upstream, closer to the Towy tidal inlet.

regards

Bobcat

p.s. You get quite a strong center current there and
it takes alot of weed with it, try and find a medium.
Tides are everything in llansteffan.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers, I'll give it a try next month and I'll let you know how I get on as well as other venues that I try.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts