World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondered if anyone new what was caught last night, i fished down chale with about 50 others and lost about twelve sets off gear, couldnt move cos it was so busy didnt see much caught tho

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Just looked at results + Open comps list, when i lived on the Island there used to be Vectis B&F club, BHC and Sandown & Lake a.c. opens during the summer,what happened to these??.

·
Registered
280 Posts
BHC still have a summer open, sandown and lake only hold club comps now and i dont think vectis BnF exist any more.

·
Registered
424 Posts
im not a 100% sure the fish bet the record as the old record is 18lb 5oz and when he weigh it on the beach it was 18lb11oz so i think it will have lossed 6oz by the time he weight it in

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Jesus, cant believe the number of reports & pics of Rays being caught on the Island in the past few months, this must be the best for a few yrs. Chale certainly living up to its reputation as 1 of the South coast hot spots!!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
"things will only get better"

I remember one night at chale when three of us had over twenty painted on the beach at the same spot and had to stop catching because of carrying them up.

john

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
"things will only get better"

I remember one night at chale when three of us had over twenty painted on the beach at the same spot and had to stop catching because of carrying them up.

john
Hells teeth !!! Thats a nice few. Only had 2 ever. My best was at chale 8lb7oz. Then had a small one this year. Dont like eating the things though so i dont bother targeting them so much. My late father loved them so if he was still about i may have made the effort more. Great to catch though.

·
Banned
684 Posts
After looking at this report, i realised i had an old Sea Angler magazine dated October 1982,in it was a 2 page write-up by Richard Stapley on a trip to Chale. Funny how you keep the odd copy,i suppose its cos i used to live at Ryde many yrs ago, he didnt catch anything apart from Pout,but moans about the cost of the Car ferry to the Island,17 quid return!!, Christ he have a heart attack now!!,Nice black & white photo,s tho..:)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Chale is definitely fishing well at the moment considering the prolonged calm weather we are having. A bloody good SW blow should liven things up even more.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
"A bloody good south westerly blow" not necessarily Ritchie, two of my best sessions were on a flat calm night but and a big but it was very dark,very very dark.

·
Registered
80 Posts
"A bloody good south westerly blow" not necessarily Ritchie, two of my best sessions were on a flat calm night but and a big but it was very dark,very very dark.
couldnt aggree more my best nights/days on rays in periods of calm down chale think the sw blow is a myth yes it fishes but it aint no better!
your going at the wrong time if you aint catching on a regular basis down chale.....

·
Registered
280 Posts
No perhaps it isnt neccessary but ive fished chale for years, 2-3 times a week some years and have always done considerably better with a bit of colour in the water and a swell running, not just for skate but for bass, smoothound and alsorts of other species.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts