World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it was only a matter of time, turned up at west hook tuesday night to fish the osprey match only to be told that due to the amount of rubbish being left & the disterbance some anglers were making when leaving the campsight at night the owners have stopped all parking in the campsight for visiting anglers. from last weekend we will have to park in the national trust carpark at the end of the road.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Yep! Makes you wonder how well kept their homes are as well.......

......I can see Angling being banned from most venues if the litter persists!

G

·
As has been said a few times, it is the mindless minority that will spoil it for the mind-full majority.

Another good spot ruined, the parking was easy and cheap, all you have to do is to keep the disturbance to a minimum, talk in whispers, avoid shining your headlamp towards any tents; shine the lamp downwards.

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
well not surprised there really it would be good if we could catch those responsible and have a quiet word with them but how can you talk to idiots with one brain cell that may be sharing it lol

·
Deputy Jokes Forum Examiner
6,279 Posts
It is such a shame that a minority are going to spoil these marks for the majority of us. We recently fished Nolton rock ledges and there were water bottles, discarded bait wrappers and fishing line and it beggars belief that people can not pick up after themselves.

The National parks I believe are considering a blanket ban on angling around the Marloes area. It is not just anglers that enjoy these areas and god only know what they think when the see the amount of litter deposited by predominantly anglers.

The last time we fished Dale Fort (another area where angling is not permitted now) we had to have a controlled fire to dispose of the amount of litter that was present as we did not have a refuse sack.

Congaqueen has a thread going in the conservation section about the clean up off skomer and wooltack. Now tackle loss is an inevitable by product of fishing rough ground marks and there is little or nothing we can do about it but in one of the pictures you can see the bags of litter left by anglers collected from wooltack point alone.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
it was only a matter of time, turned up at west hook tuesday night to fish the osprey match only to be told that due to the amount of rubbish being left & the disterbance some anglers were making when leaving the campsight at night the owners have stopped all parking in the campsight for visiting anglers. from last weekend we will have to park in the national trust carpark at the end of the road.

It's a crime the lack of respect some people have. At the Ginst meet, everybody was in the carpark awaiting the results, when a woman came up & handed the nearest member she could find, a carrier bag full of angling rubbish, that could have only come from someone else on here that was fishing the match. I trust that person was suitably embarressed by that. I know I was (& it wasn't even my rubbish)& I daresay the angler who was handed the rubbish was as well:nonono::nonono:

On a lighter note, if there is one. My dad (Lionel) is the carpark attendant in Martins Haven, so I wont have to pay:bleh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts