World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed up to Etive on saturday night collected my fishing buddy David once he finished work grabbed his gear and headed up

Got up to Taynalt for about 9 and seen a few fishing of the pier area and was real busy with campers and caravans so spotted a nice looking bit just across the water so headed on round.

By the time we got round and got set up it was starting to get dark once in the water it was bang after bang with the doggies i managed 7 doggies 2 spurrys a thorny a whiting and David had 8 doggies and what was left of a whiting also missed loads of other bites.

Once it started to get light in the morning the place went dead:cry: so headed round to the priory had a hours kip in the car and started fishing again at 8 lol

Priory was dead all morning until it was low water managed 3 gurnards and David got a mackeral on bait took the blank off from there anyway

By this time i was like the living dead seeing i hadnt had any sleep so it was time to head down the road.

Thats 3 weekends in a row ive enjoyed up Etive

kev

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
sounds like a half decent sesh there kev :1a:

·
Registered
198 Posts
i phond davie boy and he sounded absalutly nakerd. hard luck on him no getin the thornie hes been after. still at least you had a few species a bet he was ragin all he was getin was dugs.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aye he spat the dummy a wee bit when i pulled in the thorny:bounce:

1 was about 3-4lb and the other 1 was about 2lb so no monsters spurrys but 1 of the gurnards i got was 1 3/4lb was a nice looking fish

Think davie,s problem was as i said to him hes got to obsessed with catching a thorny he,s trying to hard:wallbash: instead i was using different rigs bait combos and distance and was picking up the fish

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
lol bet davy is gutted i was talking to him mid week and he said that was his only target,nice session

·
Registered
903 Posts
well done on the gurnard kev ,it was hard going at the priory sat/sun
and the weather was pants :giveup:lol. by the way i was the one that came out oh the wee tent lol and cheers to you twa gents for helping to push our van out:clap3: may c u again up there tight lines the fox:)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well done on the gurnard kev ,it was hard going at the priory sat/sun
and the weather was pants :giveup:lol. by the way i was the one that came out oh the wee tent lol and cheers to you twa gents for helping to push our van out:clap3: may c u again up there tight lines the fox:)

Nice meeting you bud:thumbs:

Aye was real hard going at the priory worst session ive had there didnt get the fish until it was right low tide.

Cant believe you got kicked out the van and had to spend the night in that tent specially with the rain:crazy:

Mind you we were hardcore and just:fishing1::fishing: all night

kev

1 - 9 of 9 Posts