World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
walked across a favorite beach last night with the misses and dog to suss it out for low water,when i got there the wind was blowing out the bay and give me second thoughts,i was still up for it until i met a angler who had struggled and could not find enough crab to tempt them fish.i give it a miss last night and planned a dinner time sesh with a plug or two,getting to the mark give me a supprise wind had turned east and was chucking it in ,i could smell them fish but all i had was my plugs,dug deep saw me find a couple of 4/0 vikings and a couple small leads so off i went crabing.managed a couple but very thin on the ground,first cast pull but missed it second cast fish around 1lb third cast missed another ,out again saw me land a fish aroud three pounds by this time a angler and his wife turnd up near me and was casting out makie feathers so over i goes for them to take a pic:hug:was going to slip her back but ended up giving it to the woman for tea.anyways by now was buzzing but as most of you know me by now i had to show this guy how to up his catch rate on the bass frount,lol giving him a hook line and putting on the crab for him,i quickly got back fishing and straight away i was in again but this time looseing the fish due to my hook knot giving way,it had frayed and give way on the knot,(doh )anyways i give up then and decided to take the easy way back off the mark before the tide forced me to take the long way round.
so not a bad sesh with a spinning rod and being ill prepeared and the east wind .did have a few pics but you will have to wait until nathan puts them up for me.
ps gower is flooded just managed to get out this afternoon.
tight lines roamer jeff.
LLANGENNITH MEET 11TH SEPTEMBER.

·
TEAM BANTER
1,484 Posts
walked across a favorite beach last night with the misses and dog to suss it out for low water,when i got there the wind was blowing out the bay and give me second thoughts,i was still up for it until i met a angler who had struggled and could not find enough crab to tempt them fish.i give it a miss last night and planned a dinner time sesh with a plug or two,getting to the mark give me a supprise wind had turned east and was chucking it in ,i could smell them fish but all i had was my plugs,dug deep saw me find a couple of 4/0 vikings and a couple small leads so off i went crabing.managed a couple but very thin on the ground,first cast pull but missed it second cast fish around 1lb third cast missed another ,out again saw me land a fish aroud three pounds by this time a angler and his wife turnd up near me and was casting out makie feathers so over i goes for them to take a pic:hug:was going to slip her back but ended up giving it to the woman for tea.anyways by now was buzzing but as most of you know me by now i had to show this guy how to up his catch rate on the bass frount,lol giving him a hook line and putting on the crab for him,i quickly got back fishing and straight away i was in again but this time looseing the fish due to my hook knot giving way,it had frayed and give way on the knot,(doh )anyways i give up then and decided to take the easy way back off the mark before the tide forced me to take the long way round.
so not a bad sesh with a spinning rod and being ill prepeared and the east wind .did have a few pics but you will have to wait until nathan puts them up for me.
ps gower is flooded just managed to get out this afternoon.
tight lines roamer jeff.
LLANGENNITH MEET 11TH SEPTEMBER.
Well done on the few fish butt and sharing a bit of your knowledge:wiggle:, I hope the water clears by tomorrow, Im delivering all around the Gower in the morning:fish:

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Well done on the few fish butt and sharing a bit of your knowledge:wiggle:, I hope the water clears by tomorrow, Im delivering all around the Gower in the morning:fish:
Its still raining heavily donkey.

Nice report Jeff top marks for getting out. I did have plans but chickened out. might try tomorrow, the crab i got is on its last legs now.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Its still raining heavily donkey.

Nice report Jeff top marks for getting out. I did have plans but chickened out. might try tomorrow, the crab i got is on its last legs now.
Not just the legs! no wonder crab doesn't last long with you!:doh: the biggest bit doesn't get used!:nonono:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts