World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

so,after seeing everyone's worst tasting fish,what's your favorite's?

my fave is dover sole followed by bass.....dave.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Mackerel about half a pound in weight, caught 2 hours previously, grilled on the barbie - yum yum! Gotta be one of the best!

Cheers - John
:clap3: :clap3: spot on,mackie straight out the dwr,failing that,bass,black bream.barbied:kissing: :kissing: :kissing:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Gurnard,bass,mackerel and bream in that order!Oh and fresh caught(less than 4 hours old!) herring.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
sardines in a taverna somewhere on a greek island. and of course the ideal partner ( no not the wife ) , a cold mythos

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Gar, black bream, flounder (but only super fresh flounder), mackerel
gar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! really, how the hell to cook that? let alone tips to find the flesh

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Sea Bream baked with herbs, olive oil, lemon.
Sardines, fresh from sea and barbecued.
Mackeral fillet, piri-piri dressing - fried (only wet the pan with oil)

Just had toast for breakfast - wish I was somewhere warmer eating sardines.:sun:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Sea Bass BBQ with lemon and orange, pan fried fillet of Plaice but BBQ Mackerel with tobasco sauce takes a lot of beating. Whiting and cod fish cakes are nice with perhaps some pollack or coalie added. My favourite has to be Bass though.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Bass has to be the most overrated, over priced fish on the planet. They used to cover whole fields with them for fertiliser in the old days as they thought thats all they were good for!
Personally i like a nice channel whiting or a plaice.

·
Registered
606 Posts
had a few people over for a few beers,turned out to be a help yourself to our food night.first time i bought trout lovely,will be back for more.and some very large mackeral,cant recall proper name,or from where the were caught,but very nice in a chillie sauce with a salad.also like bass but think its over priced and cod is over rated.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mackeral for me

Easy to catch - really good to eat.

Although there are many many fish I have yet to catch and eat.

Paulie

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
had a few people over for a few beers,turned out to be a help yourself to our food night.first time i bought trout lovely,will be back for more.and some very large mackeral,cant recall proper name,or from where the were caught,but very nice in a chillie sauce with a salad.also like bass but think its over priced and cod is over rated.
farmed trout?youre having a larf,ate my first pollock today,very nicely suprised,stick to the fresh mackie on barbie though.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Sole meuniere followed by skate wing in black butter, generally not as dessert tho'!
If in a restaurant you really need to be in France or Belgium for it to be cooked right.
In UK its hard to beat a grilled fresh macky

1 - 20 of 40 Posts