World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks, :)I was on hoilday in wexford {ireland} last week down around hookhead
and the fishing was great plenty dabs,flounder,bass,conger and wrasse. my wife
and i caught 4 flounder and 3 dabs in just hour and half. no great weights but great crack . a couple of hundred yards away a lad caught a nice size conger just over 20lbs . Going back in a couple of weeks for more ;)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
looks like you had a great time and some nice fish too.... all you fisher people in Ireland have some great spots to fish and very nice bait as well....only fished once in Larne back in the late 80's when hms antrim called in for a few days. I was asked to find some rag worms... i went for a walk not knowing where to find a bait dealer or tackle shop...i walked on a coast road out of town and found a house selling rag for a price i didn't expect a lot cheaper than in mainlad at the time and the worms were all good even though it was just the scrap worms they had left.....

I hope you might try here in dorset or one of the many other costal area's of the uk. :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Alright cichlid,

sounds like you had a good trip.

I have a work colleague who lives just outside Gorey and he has told me about some good spots around there for beach fishing. I'm hoping to get down there soon.

Welcome to the site by the way.

My bro, nephew and me are heading out for a few hours tomorrow to Portmuck - near Larne. We had a good night on Monday of this week, hoping for much of the same tomorrow.

GG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts