World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carried on the lure fishing quest at Weybourne this morning. Got there 05:30 and walked a way along the shingle under the cliffs. Clear sea and fairly flat. Tried shrimp feather things, Yozuri minnow, rapala jointed plug and popper. Not even a poxy sandeel and that's three blanks (if you don't count launce) in a row :sad:

So the sun comes out and I am fishing in my polarisers when I'm watching something large hanging in the water 6-7 feet from the water's edge hardly moving in 2 feet of water within the breaker fi you can call it that with the calm. It was a 2ft+ bass feeding on the bottom at the water's edge, tail up! It mostly ignored the rapala then turned at it and swam back down tide. A beauty but too close to the shore to get a decent lure action - I should have jumped in!

Casting over them is very easy, I could have jumped over that one.
Feeding on small worms or shrimp I figure?

Still learning at my age I guess!

Allthingsnotveryfishy

·
Registered
30 Posts
Unlucky mate, well done for giving it a go. I'm probably gonna head up that way tomorrow night and give the lures a go. It's hard work getting much at the moment. If it makes you feel any better I've only had one undersize maccy in my last 5 attempts with the lures.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts