World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished at Weybourne last night (spinning) after the sea at West Runton looked too shallow and full of rocks! It was my first time sea-fishing and suffice to say I did not catch anything. However, neither did 4 of the other guys I spoke to along the shore - so perhaps the fish weren't showing at all? I've always fancied West Runton for Bassing but don't really want to lose endless amounts of tackle so think I'll return to Weybourne again. To maximise my chance of a catch what are the signs I need to look out for - weather, tides (high or low), etc?

Oh, and I was using some silver wedges and some spinners called stingers - casting as far as I could and then spinning through the surf.

ps. if you're reading, thanks again to the guy that helped me with my reel!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
West Runton is a great lure mark, try a early morning next weekend and over HT (if its calm and clear). The flint ground to the left of the slip is good, to beat the snags use a shallow or medium diving plug. Its often thought that long casting lures offer the best chance of a fish but thats not always the case as often the bass will hit the plug in or just beyond the surf.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice :thumbs: I will give it a try when time and weather permits! Can you (or anyone else) recommend a few plugs that would be suitable for bassing? I've found a few surface/medium ones online but they seem pretty expensive.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks pinkfoot, are there any plugs on there that you would recommend for West Runton/Weybourne. You mentioned a shallow/medium plug, so would one that goes to 1m be suitable?? Also, should I be buying poppers - do these dive, or stay on the surface?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
hi mate..
poppers can be good working the surface nicely..
have had bass on them along the cley area.. in the evening..
and if you don,t mind a work there can be some good plugging up to blackney point....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brilliant, thanks for that!! I'm going to buy some plugs and surface poppers then try West Runton on a high tide, Weybourne and even Burnham seeing as I often walk the dog there. I'm hoping Friday evening or Sat will be good weather wise...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts