World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from mid afternoon till about 7.15, had to stop then as I was worried my arms might fall off.
Croc arrived about 20 mins after I got there to find me retying after a spectacular crack off - fortunately that was to be my only one of the day though Croc managed one himself later on.
Well it was very hard work. After being encouraged from the good catch reports of earlier in the week I arrived to find the sea very murky indeed closer in though this did clear a bit as the tide rose.
Croc picked up a solitary Mackerel 5ish and I was beginning to think that I may join his elite blanking club. :fishing:
I switched from hitting the horizon with my beach caster to my light bass rod with sea flecta "feathers" and instantly had a full string of 4 fish, they sure put a bend in that little rod I can tell you!
Croc had to go just after 6.15 and I soldiered on for another hour or so.
Managed another 4 sizeable and 2 joeys wich were carefully flipped off the hooks back into the water.
I'm sure I'd have picked up a few more had I stayed longer but my arms and back were killing me - note to self - leave the beachcaster at home!
All the fish I got today were on the tinfoil sea flecta type, not a thing on daylights and I used them for the majority of the time.
In total got 8 Mackerel for the BBQ today (if the weather holds!)
Croc just the one but he did have to go early.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Good stuff, cheers grateful for the news. That bit of easterly Thursday time put a bit more colour in it than was needed. I was at Cley mid morning today to pick the samphire up so had a look. Not too many fishing. Bit o' muck and green ribbon close to the edge, but it looked alright further out. A couple of blow up's were working the wreck and catching mack a few hundred yards out.
Heard of a few good mack catches on the last few tides. Tonight ought to fish. J's recce the Old High way revealed a few swirlers so may well be a few spikey about to a plug. Any news up that way digger?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Nice one bud bet your arms were really aching after that LOL
Giving it a miss this weekend, got a lot of crap to do at home
Catch up soon
Dabslayer

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Well done, i know how you feel about the arms, mine are aching a bit, i've convinced the other half i's exercise

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Hello Mack...

Glad you got a few on your latest sortie.

Sorry I didn't post up a report of our Covehithe efforts. I had a bit of armoury for some 'flowery prose' too what with Black Shuck and all.
I just ran flat out of time before I buggered off to Italy for two weeks, just got back last night.
It was good fun and good to meet you. Gimme a shout if you fancy drowning a few more worms.

Dosn't look like I've missed too much fishing wise, seems a bit slow at the moment. Mind you I'd swap one Sole or Mackerel for the legions of 2 inch Bream, Wrasse and Mullet I caught over there.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Mack...

Glad you got a few on your latest sortie.

Sorry I didn't post up a report of our Covehithe efforts. I had a bit of armoury for some 'flowery prose' too what with Black Shuck and all.
I just ran flat out of time before I buggered off to Italy for two weeks, just got back last night.
It was good fun and good to meet you. Gimme a shout if you fancy drowning a few more worms.

Dosn't look like I've missed too much fishing wise, seems a bit slow at the moment. Mind you I'd swap one Sole or Mackerel for the legions of 2 inch Bream, Wrasse and Mullet I caught over there.
Cheers Dan, was good to meet you to.
I'll give you a shout soon, I'm thinking of heading south for a sole sesh once the tides times are right for an evening weekend sortie.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Sounds good Mack! I'll be back in Suffolk as from Thursday for a couple of weeks. I fancy an evenings sole fishing. Might try and squeeze a game of cricket in for Halvergate too, if they'll have me..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts