World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

was out in the sun shine yesterday. Fishing wasn't prolific but a few nice specimens showing and lots of variety.

See the report here http://www.madpolka.co.uk/8aug09.html

Cheers

·
Registered
464 Posts
I managed to get out from Poole yesterday. Absolute "Pants". The skipper tried everything. Off to the IoW for bass produced one Dragonet. Moved to an anchour point with other IoW boats (Nothing). Drifted the Needles (Nowt). Anchoured near the Solent. 2 doggies, 1 small bream. Did over 40 miles. Skipper was gutted. Constant calls to and from other boats. All in the same situation. We headed back to catch another small bream. That was it.:sad:

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I managed to get out from Poole yesterday. Absolute "Pants". The skipper tried everything. Off to the IoW for bass produced one Dragonet. Moved to an anchour point with other IoW boats (Nothing). Drifted the Needles (Nowt). Anchoured near the Solent. 2 doggies, 1 small bream. Did over 40 miles. Skipper was gutted. Constant calls to and from other boats. All in the same situation. We headed back to catch another small bream. That was it.:sad:
I've seen a couple more reports from down our way (including those from skippers) and seems to be the same all over. Here's hoping August improves!

·
Registered
936 Posts
:clap: Nice report Steve. We had our monthly Species comp on Friday with Colin. Not a bad day mate. As you say, not a lot of bream but plenty of species. I ended up with 14 and a couple of others on 12. Minmd you, dont ask me for any tips on catching sandeels. Blanked.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
A friend of mine has been taking some nice Bream and Bass from the back of the Race, he managed half a dozen Bream and a couple of Bass at the weekend so they are about.

As for me, i've not fished for ages, this summer has been written off to kitting out my first boat, which is due for its maiden voyage [under my ownership] next week, so if all goes well weather wise plenty more boat trips coming up for me!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts