World Sea Fishing Forums banner

weymouth casting club.

1K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  t j 
#1 ·
for anyone who might be interested there is a comp on this coming sunday 14th at dorchester. the venue should be around the maiden castle area. spectators are welcome or why not bring your gear with you and have a go. there should be some very good casters there, and they are allways there to help out.

#4 ·
i would like to have a go too! but i don't think i can make sunday. is there any other time to try? matt

#6 ·
i can handle being laughed at :D it would be a laugh, watchin people dive for cover, when its my turn :D lol

#9 ·
chesilmaster hi,
there is casting at dorchester every month throughout the year. it is normally on the 3rd sunday of the month. this month clashes with the uksf grand prix 4 so it was moved forward. keep an eye on this site as i will post the up coming dates a week before hand.

#13 ·
entrance for these events is usually about £5.00. this covers the cost of the hire of the field for the day. casting normally gets under way about 9.30 a.m ish and goes on to about 6 p.m ish. you can get as many casts in as you can as there is no limit to how many casts you have.

#15 ·
Hi All,

I know Tony's (T.J.) casting ability coz he came to give us some casting lessons and demos at our charity fishathon. He can only cast 180yds (with a whole sandeel on a pulley pennel) :eek: . Not bad for an ex 9 mile sniper !! :D

If I don't see you before Tony, good luck in Italy and we will go fishing when the season ends. By the way, Dave likes the photo.

#16 ·
cheers barry, will sure be coming down to do some fishin at southbourne when the casting slows down. will try not to interfere with the french radar next time .................lol :D

when i have the results from dorch today i will post them .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.