World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gents

Any one fished out from Weymouth lately?

We have a boat booked for two days next weekend(24th/25th) and were wondering what the fishing in general has been like?

Is it worth venturing out to the wrecks in search of cod? Or maybe try anchoring for conger/ling?

Are the bream inshore in any numbers yet?

any local reports welcome...pm me if need be

thanks

Matt

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hi mattyR,

I was out on Atlanta a couple of weeks ago and had a reasonably good day. We went a couple of miles off Lulworth in the morning and apart from being plagued by Pout we had some decent Bream on the boat. Moved after lunch to a mark the other side of the Shambles to anchor up next to a wreck. We were still catching Bream and had a conger on the boat (30lb) a Bull Huss (10lb) and some Red Gurnard.

Hope you have agood couple of days,

Richard

·
Registered
1,803 Posts

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi mattyR,

I was out on Atlanta a couple of weeks ago and had a reasonably good day. We went a couple of miles off Lulworth in the morning and apart from being plagued by Pout we had some decent Bream on the boat. Moved after lunch to a mark the other side of the Shambles to anchor up next to a wreck. We were still catching Bream and had a conger on the boat (30lb) a Bull Huss (10lb) and some Red Gurnard.

Hope you have agood couple of days,

Richard
was out on saturday. catch report here - http://www.madpolka.co.uk/10jul2010.html
Cheers for the info guys..both inshore and offshore.

Had heard that the cod were not so abundant on the wrecks this year but was lead to believe that the pollack had died off too.

Good to hear there are a few bream about as they are always welcome

Here's hoping for some decent weather next week!!

thanks chaps

Matt

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Cheers for the info guys..both inshore and offshore.

Had heard that the cod were not so abundant on the wrecks this year but was lead to believe that the pollack had died off too.

Good to hear there are a few bream about as they are always welcome

Here's hoping for some decent weather next week!!

thanks chaps

Matt
Hi Matty how did the trip go?we are going tomorrow club trip fishing the shore on friday then on flamer on the sat be nice to know whats getting caught on the boats there.
Thanks Lee

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Hi Matty how did the trip go?we are going tomorrow club trip fishing the shore on friday then on flamer on the sat be nice to know whats getting caught on the boats there.
Thanks Lee
The info might be a bit out of date, he put his post up in 2010! ;)

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
The info might be a bit out of date, he put his post up in 2010! ;)
oops ha ha sorry guys i looked at the month not the year:g:

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
By coincidence I was out on Saturday again! We had Conger, Tope, Bream, Cuckoo Wrasse, Poor Cod, Pout, Mackerel, Scad, Smoothound and LSD.

The fishing was not as prolific as the pervious week when we had Conger, Loads of Bream, Spurdog, Ballan Wrasse, LSD and Mackerel.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Yeah, lot of old lags about with nothing better to do Kenny, are you tempted to buy Salars boat?
Why Mr Bean? Nice boat of course, but less than 2 foot more, 13 years older, and slightly more hours than mine.

I have my eye quietly on a much newer upgrade, or a cat :)

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Why Mr Bean? Nice boat of course, but less than 2 foot more, 13 years older, and slightly more hours than mine.

I have my eye quietly on a much newer upgrade, or a cat :)
Stick with the cat Ken. Will keep your house clear of mice and they are good company. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts