World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit of late catch report -

went fishing in Weymouth harbour with my sons while on a break. good fun and for once they were kept occupied. caught countless wrasse, big blennies, small pollack, whiting and a small bass that put up a nice little fight for them.

The only frustrating bit was seeing a very large bass slowly swim past - may have been 8lb or so. tried to get it with float fished live prawn but no luck.

All in all great fun and for once the bites kept on coming, all be it mostly small stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
Bit of late catch report -

went fishing in Weymouth harbour with my sons while on a break. good fun and for once they were kept occupied. caught countless wrasse, big blennies, small pollack, whiting and a small bass that put up a nice little fight for them.

The only frustrating bit was seeing a very large bass slowly swim past - may have been 8lb or so. tried to get it with float fished live prawn but no luck.

All in all great fun and for once the bites kept on coming, all be it mostly small stuff.
Went there many years ago and had a similar session, I did hook a nice bass though, lovely size no dropnet, tried to walk it back to the beach on light gear, lost him at the surf of the beach, gutted, he could have let me land him, selfish git, as he was going back anyway.

Carefree hope you had a great break

Dave

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies lads. I think places like harbours are great for the kids as it keeps their attention going with continuous fish. have taken them to other venues and they've had enough if nothing is hooked in first hour. Shoreham isn't too bad as they can go and chase lizards if nothing is biting.

Up the Chelsea!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Well done m8.
The harbour holds some surprises.
There are some good mullet to be had as well, if you can get them to play ball.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hahaha sorry couldnt resist gloating.

And with the mullet, yeah did see some nice ones but with noisy kids didnt think it worth going for them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts