World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I've been very kindly invited out with the spursboyz crew for my first 'proper' fishing session in almost 30 yrs :fishing1:

First time *ever* fishing in the dark, too. High tide around 1am.

What's currently swimming around the harbour, and what might I end up coming home with? (apart from an empty coffee flask, that is!)

And also a big thanks to WSF people for being so generous with welcome, info, help, lifts etc It feels nice to be fishing again.

·
Registered
85 Posts
welcome julie>>>>>be only to happy to help iff i can, may not be big fish but will have some good fun ,pollock on the night that spurs is crazy but a good guy look farward to meeting you xxxxxx

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
its my pleasure julie so many members have helped me over the years and feel now ive learnt enought to pass on what ive learnt to members like yourself , like scorpio (sid ) said not big fish untill dark where some good sized pollock showed up and maccy but its a way to catch some mini species and have a good play with the fish like wrasse etc etc

longs i get a bream tomorrow night ill be happy :clap2::clap2:

see you tomorrow if dont catch you tonight

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a great day out with spursboys, scorpio, & maccyman later on.

Spurs got his bream!

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278989

I broke my 27 year blank within about half minute of getting my line wet!!!

Thanks Mark for the gift of a great 3 hook rig, it caught fish all night.

My first fish were a titchy wrasse & a mini bream :D then through the day an evening I had more wrasse, baby pollack, pouting, common blenny and a lovely tompot blenny. So 6 species in one day, just a shame none were over 10oz...

I lost a rig and weight but then caught a replacement 2oz weight so I wasn't too upset!

Enjoyed seeing the vomit comet (Condor) come in & watching the lights coming on as dusk fell. Very pretty.

Thanks for everything chaps, & it was great to meet you all.

Hope you like the pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well done jools.
Nice to meet you and nice to see someone with a smile lol

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks maccy man, I've been away from WSF a few days, hope you had a good weekend's fishing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts