World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The WFSA Ladies Team Shore Trials start on the 22nd April 2007, with the first venue being Llandudno North Shore. I have so far received only 8 applications and I am sure there must be more ladies out there fishing in Wales! So if you fancy giving it a try to get into the Ladies Team for 2008 then please get in touch and I will forward all the information to you.

Guys if you know any lady anglers who should be in the Team then please contact me.

Thanks, Helen

·
Registered
324 Posts
someone mentioned their trials were pathetic. They are advertised for months all around Wales if they are not well attended what can one do ??? Your advice would be very much appriciated to get the youngsters there in numbers
Both managers work very hard in organising the teams and raising money so that these kids can fish for Wales for free
A few facts before making such suggestions would be a bit more supportive

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
me and rob fished in it and it was a joke... they didnt care if anyone caught anything... whats the point in fishing then you might aswell ask how they fish. and most of the kids that got picked the manager knew by nickname, not a bit suspicious.. and to be fair some of the people were sh1te and shouldnt have even been considered, im not saying this because i never got in, i would still be saying it if i did. the kid next to me got in and well lets jsut say he wasnt too good. so i think i have a few facts.

and also bass buster got in, and he has to fund everything himself so how can you say they work hard to get funds???

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
the kid fishing next 2 me was lying on his stomach and baiting up and he was choosen, i am not complaining, i am just pointing out that the youth and junior trials were not based on fishing ability as much as i think they should of been. they told us we didnt get in because we were baiting up on our laps while watching our rod.
i am not saying the ladies trials will be like this though as they are held over a few matches i believe
rob

·
She Pirate and Global Moderator
12,629 Posts
The WFSA Ladies Team Shore Trials start on the 22nd April 2007, with the first venue being Llandudno North Shore. I have so far received only 8 applications and I am sure there must be more ladies out there fishing in Wales! So if you fancy giving it a try to get into the Ladies Team for 2008 then please get in touch and I will forward all the information to you.

Guys if you know any lady anglers who should be in the Team then please contact me.

Thanks, Helen
When im mobile Helen i will join your team,,, its too much messing on buses at the moment..

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for your replies, sorry I don't think dressing up will do it though (unless your'e really good!!!

The ladies trials are held over three matches, one in the north, one in the south and one in mid Wales. The Team is chosen on the results of these matches but also on various other things such as fishing ability, match fishing skills, casting ability, watercraft skills etc. At the moment sadly with only 8 ladies having applied to fish there is not really as much competition for places as I would like but unless people come forward and have a go then there is not much else I can do.

Little Mermaid it would be great for you to join us but I understand if transport is a problem.

Fundraising - We get a small amount from the Sports Coucil each year and the rest of the money is raised by myself and some other members of the team, this year the costs for Brazil amount to some 9000.00! That takes some serious fundraising and any shortfall has to be met by individual team members. We don't have a cash sponsor or any other form of sponsorship for the team at the moment so its hard work.

Anyway if there are any ladies out there who would like to fish the trials this year then get in touch, Helen

1 - 11 of 11 Posts