World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey team.

Recently been getting out in the yak on the SE coast of jersey.

Finding it a Tad difficult at the moment but trying to work out what the bass like etc in different areas.

favouring the komoko and Saduke at times when trolling but mostly soft plastics like skerrie etc

anyone have a
Favourite?

this is the last outing on the reefs

cheers FC

·
Registered
389 Posts
My “go to” lure from the kayak was a yozuri Crystal minnow 110mm in a mackerel pattern. Didn’t cast very far but that’s not an issue if you put the yak in the right place. Found a couple of old photos clearly showing the lure in some decent bass. The flash, vibration, action, etc are so good on those yozuris that even blind fish can nail them ( check out first photo). Wish I still had one of those lures and wish I could still catch bass like that !
M

4AC83E55-9E99-4B22-9065-13A77921C50B.jpeg
49A256C6-D7C8-4C05-A9DC-D202C1589EC5.jpeg

·
Registered
617 Posts
savage gear sandeels when I'm not fishing surface lures. Xorus frosty when I am.

Reactions: Chrispy

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Feed shallow in mullet for trolling. I've used 2 rods a fair bit, with many different lures, and that one always holds it's own. If it's deeper, then an FBM.
I do have one other lure I love, I think it's an old Maria Chase BW that I've jig skinned purple. Seems to get better fish.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I follow a lot of Bass specific and lure focussed YT channels; yours has promise.

You have a nice presenting style, some good camera work too. In terms of immediate feedback, make sure your lens is clear, keep voice pitch consistent - talk as though to a friend. Perhaps a little more dialogue - explain why you are choosing approaches or tactics. Perhaps more than one camera? So one behind you taking wide view, then a chest or head cam to give different perspective and record commentary.

Honestly, you're almost there. A few tweaks and you'll be on fire mate ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts