World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
26TH 27TH JUNE 2008

As promised just for you Alan T and Ron, Saturday was a glorious day and much too hot for moving around, so we made our minds up before we left Bradwell Marina that we would pick a spot and stay on it. The spot was in the Middles and it produced as expected loads of Hermit Crabs in the dropnet. Which we turned into 25 Smoothounds, all were released and only one of them was sizeable but they kept us busy and it was fun. Several were missed, and there were a few that were not really there

we had few Mackerel on the noddy rods as well but could not convert them into Roker.

On Sunday we had a proper go to find a few Macks but failed miserably so we again set tracks for the spot we had fished the day before, the hounds were there again, see it pays to set them free, and we also had a few Macks on the noddies.

but the hounds were even smaller and as the ebb died we decided that we would have a move if only to create a breeze, a couple of miles south and were drifting a bit of old iron, which to our surprise produced Codling, Bass, and a Coalfish the first one I have seen in our vicinity, Pouting of course were also there in strength.

we finished the day with three Roker from the edge of the bank best one here

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Nice report and pictures John it was a great weekend weather wise unfortunately I had to spend today at work would have loved to have been on the water instead. At least you had a good bit of sport with the hounds and a nice couple of wings for your tea on a perfect weekend.

Alan

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Thanks for another great day John. :thumbs:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Very nice John.Few differnt species there and smashing weather to boot. Well done..............:busted_co

·
Mullet Meister???
6,756 Posts
Weathers been lovely, and some great fishing has come along with it, well done.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for a great day John:laugh:
me and my mate had a cracking day!:fishing:
We are sure to give it ago another time

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
2 great days john, cant believe anything went back with ron on the boat lol, having a look at an aquabell 33 in a few weeks, hopefully i will get it for the right dough. steve.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts