World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the reports on the smoothies down porthcawl, i ventured down for a sesh. I didnt get there till 2030 cos i forgot my headlamp (again :doh:) & had to go back for it. The pier looked quite busy ( i werent looking to fish off there though), so i headed for rest bay. I couldnt believe how many surfers were there :blink::dry:, i went to the left of them, but the waves were a bit dicey there.:uhuh:, so i gave up & went to ogmore estuary instead. I finally got a bait in the water at 2130 & it looked like i had the place to myself until i saw someones headlight further up where the mouth narrows. After the turn, 2 lads turned up & fished just up from me & i think we all blanked. Crap sesh.
A bit later on, there was a lot of commotion up in the car park with engines being revved up & all of a sudden a car was driven over the edge & down onto the rocks :blink:. The 2 lads & myself went to see what was going on & i ended up phoning the police :busted_co. As it was, the bloke seemed ok (a bit dazed though) & was able to walk from the car & the police led him to the ambulance (just hope he's ok).
After about 1/2 an hour, i packed up (0115) & when i got to my car, there was about 10 or more police there with blue hard hats & headlights (i wonder if they were going caving) :g::huh:. I'll wake up now & realise it was all a bad dream. :thumbs:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts