World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to record my thanks on here to ChrisP who made me a special stainless steel bracket for the Navman radio. It arrived yesterday Chris so you can't be as far out in the sticks as you thought. If you PM me your address I will send you a camera bracket that straps on with velcro to any handy pole/rail on your boat. Useful for photographing yourself with that 12 foot shark that you might catch while fishing out on your own :)

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
No need Mike, hope it will do until you source the real thing. When I go sharking the fact that I have been and caught is more secret than what the labour party had for brekky.

Thanks for the offer though.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
best bloke on the site by far. which makes it such a shame he is no longer a mod after ge gave it up last night.
the reason is due to the pillocks who chose to constantly send him silly PM's whenever he had to do some modding which they did not like and chose to give the bloke grief relentlessly because they are obviously not mature enough to take anything but a decision that suits them fully.
we lost a massive resource as a result and i hope the pratts in question are happy with themselves.

C

·
0 Posts
best bloke on the site by far. which makes it such a shame he is no longer a mod after ge gave it up last night.
the reason is due to the pillocks who chose to constantly send him silly PM's whenever he had to do some modding which they did not like and chose to give the bloke grief relentlessly because they are obviously not mature enough to take anything but a decision that suits them fully.
we lost a massive resource as a result and i hope the pratts in question are happy with themselves.
Totally agree Ian:clap3: . They have not won though, i'm sure they know who they are and as soon as they step out of line again...:black_eye:bye1: .

Mike. I need one of those camera thingies. Will it also take a video camera? PM me with details if poss.
Thanks

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
At the risk of turning this into a bit of a 'love-in'

ChrisP a Star?......as my daughters would say, Well Duuuh;)

Sorry to hear about you giving up the modship m8, as Ian says I hope they are bloody happy now:mad:

But look on the bright side - you can join in all the non-sense now;)

15,082 Posts
Along with bigads he was one of the better Global Mods on here and a wealth of knowledge.I never even knew he had given it up until I read this post.

Ron

·
Registered
876 Posts

anybody in particular ?
i encountered chris for the first time yesterday and im sorry to say we didnt exactly get off to the best start,and i must say it seemed as if i had cought him at a bad time!

C

·
0 Posts
[/color]
anybody in particular ?
i encountered chris for the first time yesterday and im sorry to say we didnt exactly get off to the best start,and i must say it seemed as if i had cought him at a bad time!
I am not blaming anyone in particular, but when a mod says that a comment is not appropriate it is advisable to accept it and not dispute his decision. That does not mean that I am blaming you Big Splash but I am sure your comments did not help.:schmoll:
Chris would not have stepped down over one comment so all of those that have questioned his decisions and maybe also those of other mods need to have a close look at how they might behave in future:nonono:

L

·
0 Posts
One thing is true in this life - the better you are and the higher you rise there are more people who want to have a pop at you. That's a shame. I don't know Chris but have only heard good things about him. But they could be fibs!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Top bloke is ChrisP!

Met him a few weekends back and he knows so much, he is like a walking talking encyclopedia of boating/fishing/electrical information! He also seems willing to do anything for anyone too!

Shame about you having to step down as mod mate!

Who is going to take the role now then??

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Please close this now. My head is about to explode.

I stepped down for the good of the site, I am done in trying to keep you lot to the rules, time for some fresh blood to have a go. This site has grown from nothing to the biggest sea fishing site in the UK in something like 3 years and I am honoured to have been a small part of it.

I will still be around to help out where I can, the reason I joined in the first place and without having to mod the site I can honestly say that I have enjoyed today more than any day for the last 2 years.

One final thing if you will allow it. Please treat the mods with respect, do not question their actions, they do what they do for absolutely no reward, they have no secret agenda, no axe to grind against a particular member, they simply do it to keep the site open as I did. They get grief if they open their mouth to express their own opinion, they get grief for keeping the site legal, consider this though, without them the site would have been another cyberspace casualty.

I am ashamed that I couldn't continue, I feel I have let Mike down, I have spent far too much time here to the detrement of my family and I fully intend to use that time this year to concentrate on what really matters, after all this is simply a hobby at the end of the day. It is a place to chill out and that appears to have been forgotten by a minority.

Please support the mods, without their actions and the time they give freely there would be no site.

Thread closed. (Please)

·
Registered
8,187 Posts

I stepped down for the good of the site, I am done in trying to keep you lot to the rules, time for some fresh blood to have a go. This site has grown from nothing to the biggest sea fishing site in the UK in something like 3 years and I am honoured to have been a small part of it.

I will still be around to help out where I can, the reason I joined in the first place and without having to mod the site I can honestly say that I have enjoyed today more than any day for the last 2 years.

One final thing if you will allow it. Please treat the mods with respect, do not question their actions, they do what they do for absolutely no reward, they have no secret agenda, no axe to grind against a particular member, they simply do it to keep the site open as I did. They get grief if they open their mouth to express their own opinion, they get grief for keeping the site legal, consider this though, without them the site would have been another cyberspace casualty.

I am ashamed that I couldn't continue, I feel I have let Mike down, I have spent far too much time here to the detrement of my family and I fully intend to use that time this year to concentrate on what really matters, after all this is simply a hobby at the end of the day. It is a place to chill out and that appears to have been forgotten by a minority.

Please support the mods, without their actions and the time they give freely there would be no site.

Thread closed. (Please)
Chris hasnt let Mike down at all and mike is well aware of that. Top bloke and i know us mods havent seen the last of him.:)

Thread closed.

·
One Life - Fish it!
5,007 Posts
Re-opened…

Small? Hardly you’re excellent advice and strong moderating have been one of the prime reasons why this site has gone from strength to strength over the years. I appreciate all the work you’ve done more than you know and especially more than a couple of fleeces and a bottle of Malt you’ve had in return! I’m eternally grateful for everything you have done on this site and for its members. If you ever feel you want to become a moderator again – you should know 100% there is a space for you whether we have 5 or a hundred moderators – your experience is invaluable!

You haven’t in any way shape or form let me down, as I said in the first para I’m eternally grateful for everything you’ve done for the site over the last 3 years and appreciate it much more than you realise.

Hope you get some nice relaxing fishing in this summer and all the very best for the future:)

Re-closed…

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.