World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
another trip out last night to sandymouth to see if tuesdays ray was a fluke,sea conditions were a lot calmer,arrived at dusk as the last of the grockles were leaving,for 3 hours we went through the motions of fishing moving twice to avoid the weed,as the tide turned ben had another fight with a raft of weed which turned into a ray as i waded out to help bring it in.

his first this year ,the smile says it all.:happy:
next an obvious bite turned into a nice bass

notice there are no pics of me yet :doh::wallbash:
a couple minutes later the weed returned but half way in started to pull back a bit,once again i waded out to investigate & found this little beauty.

i would like to thank ben for letting me help him have a good nights fishing,especially his pb bass.
anyone on here at northcott last night & was it you who we met arriving as we were leaving sandymouth,i thought we were mad at 2.30 am but obviously you were as well :sleep: .notice still no bloody pictures of me,well done ben.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Well done Ben, Cracking bass there and nice to see a ray at long last m8 :)
Unlucky Pete, but at least you gave it a go! now i've got a super service manager, maybe I can sneak a few week days off and stay out late on the beaches lol

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
another trip out last night to sandymouth to see if tuesdays ray was a fluke,sea conditions were a lot calmer,arrived at dusk as the last of the grockles were leaving,for 3 hours we went through the motions of fishing moving twice to avoid the weed,as the tide turned ben had another fight with a raft of weed which turned into a ray as i waded out to help bring it in.
[his first this year ,the smile says it all.:happy:
next an obvious bite turned into a nice bass
notice there are no pics of me yet :doh::wallbash:
a couple minutes later the weed returned but half way in started to pull back a bit,once again i waded out to investigate & found this little beauty.
i would like to thank ben for letting me help him have a good nights fishing,especially his pb bass.
anyone on here at northcott last night & was it you who we met arriving as we were leaving sandymouth,i thought we were mad at 2.30 am but obviously you were as well :sleep: .notice still no bloody pictures of me,well done ben.
An absolute cracker of a bass ben,the smile says it all,nice to see you out fishing again,we're going to have to get that sess in we talk about soon.well done.Aj:fishing1::thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
428 Posts
well i am still smilling even now :roll1: thanks pete for all yer help.i might have to employ you as a gillie if this is going to happen everytime we go dangling:bleh:
2 weeks a go i caught some macky and kept it in condition for the table and stuck it in the freezer for fish pies etc...
anyway i used some of the macky cut into fillets and bound into tight little sausages with pete's newww!! bait elastic on a 50lb pennel running ledger.after 2hrs and 2moves along the beach to avoid the horrendous amounts of weed which was trying to break my rod,reel, line and arm damned stuff.(damned gillies dont know there stufffffff these days) my rod eventualy started to do some new kind of crazy massive weed bite movements called ray bites something not seen by me for 2yrs on this beach.my gillie then produced the first small eye of the year from the surf for me and he photographed the fish too toppers!!.which we estimated to be around 4-500lb well stoked mission accomplished.:victory:at last.i tied a new macky fillet on and out again.
that cast then produced a schoolie of around 11/2-2000lb.while pete was changing his reel,landing a fish and taking photos.thorughly nice bloke.
new macky fillet on and out again.this time the rod tip started going mad just like a new game of weedy chicken had been started except that this time my rod started banging a lot!!!!!! like a small boy with a weaner stick on the wurlitzer!!!!! this was no weed but a good old fat bass (nice one) me thinks!! and where is my gillie i said to myself. he's only trying to tie a fresh bait on his smuggling rod for himself the shame oh the shame of it
all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the fight nearly killed me my rod was steaming at the rings!!!!! !!!!!!! !!!!! ????? ouch!!! i needed water on my reel and fast and my gillie!!!!after at least 3-4 hrs of fighting the great bass.the gillie was still trying to bait his great hoook?
i found myself going into the deserts of my mind during such a great monumental tassle?stop it?. to reach the other side i knew that there could be only one, me or the bass...and at the new dawn, of the new day. friday i retreived a beautiful specimen bass, wheighing in at exactly 500lbs.
pete cast his bait out and said i want to go home now.
and so the adventure was over .
thanks pete me old mucker ben

·
Registered
105 Posts
Good to see someone have a bit of enjoyment and a decent sesh to boot.:victory:

Nice one there mate, hopefully more of this type of sport will be about at long last.

·
Cliff Dangler
2,576 Posts
Nice one Ben..

Thanks to you and Karen for your thoughts and words the other night.

I know we were all going through the same thing (Karens brother and the rest of the crews).

We must hook up for a session sometime soon and I have something in mind.

Well done on the fish buddy and good report again Pete :1a:

·
Registered
25,001 Posts
Nice fishing!!!!:1a:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Nice one Ben..

Thanks to you and Karen for your thoughts and words the other night.

I know we were all going through the same thing (Karens brother and the rest of the crews).

We must hook up for a session sometime soon and I have something in mind.

Well done on the fish buddy and good report again Pete :1a:
no problem matt.i am thinking about another adventure one evening next week sometime.if you're interested
ben

·
Registered
31 Posts
nice bass shag, thinking about a session this weekend or stick it out and bag up on mackers(only had 2 last weekend). wots the record for sunfish from the shore ? saw a beauty at barras on sunday bugger wouldnt take me floated macker.

·
Registered
428 Posts
nice bass shag, thinking about a session this weekend or stick it out and bag up on mackers(only had 2 last weekend). wots the record for sunfish from the shore ? saw a beauty at barras on sunday bugger wouldnt take me floated macker.
nice one browner:yeah: not sure about that record thou. but im sure that sunfish 43 (aj) might be able to shed some light on the subject.
cheers ben:icecream:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts