World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
You use them to remove hooks from the fish's mouths - throats jake, a bit like a pair of plyers.

heres a piccy of 1..theres loads of different kinds, buy a pair they are a very usefull item of kit for a fisherman

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
lol sorry jake the piccy up above is a pair of fishing forceps/disgorgers...my mistake, this is what i use for removing hooks from the fish's mouths, a disgorger is somat like this...does the same job as forceps

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
jake

you would find forceps a lot easier to use as you can hold the hook tightly, unlike the disgorgers which are slim and roll about in the fingers. most people who use forceps clip them on there pocket flaps so they are handy when needed. they cost anything from £3.50 upwards. a lot of anglers buy the ones with a slight bend on them. When you are out shopping look out for bar towels they use in pubs to mop up the slops? these are very handy to use for holding the fish and will fit in most pockets and are cheap too

Michael :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
have a look on ebay under doctors gear/forceps.99p delivery.got mine from there,def ideal

or item number 7516617694 buy now for 2.50 and 50 p delivery

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Jake m8,

If you send me a pm with your home adress on it I will send you a set of forceps free of charge...think I have 3 or 4 lying about somewhere.

No point buyin em when I can give u em :D

·
Registered
851 Posts
Another option is something i've just started using is made by Gemini. I don't know how to post a pic, but its like a t bar with a loop at the bottom. It has yet to let me down, even with deeply hooked whiting.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how do u use a disgorger thing i found one down a beach in a smashed up tackle box?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Ta for the pm Jake, got ur addy will post them off 1st thing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts