World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Hi vlad i had something similar last week when i fitted a fishfinder to the kayak.
i looked at the unit which had an inline fuse of 3 amps so was advised to match it to that.

john

·
Banned
820 Posts
What power 12V Sealed Lead-Acid Battery to buy for HUMMINBIRD MATRIX 47 3D FISHFINDER?

It has maximum 8000 Watts peak to peak (1000 Watts RMS) power output.

Will a 7AH battery like this be OK? Do I need a battery with more AH?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12V-7Ah-Seale...ryZ40975QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
If you only want to use the fishfinder for longer periods than a few hours without recharching that battery will work fine. More AH will give you longer though and of course it will be a bigger heavier battery.:)
What craft do you plan to use it on?

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
NTL keep sealed lead acid batteries in their sub stations to act as back up should there be a power cut, & change them on a regular basis, these have never been used, & are disposed of FOC (usually), I paid the NTL guy a fiver each for 12V 35AHC;)
If you can get hold of one of those combination booster starter/ compressor things sold in Lidl, & other cheapjack stores, the sealed lead acid batteries in them are 17ahc, I use one to power my Navman, to keep it off the main electrical system.
blueskip
PS who is the bloke in the bow of that RIB? he can come out with me anytime!:yeah:

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
Try Maplins, they have quite a range and don't cost much. I have one to act as a surge filter to stop my GPS and fishfinder going doolally when I start the engine.

G

·
I have a humminbird wide 100 fishfinder and the battery that I use on my inflatable is similar to the one you provided the link to, but my one is 2ah. I did a test with the fishfinder turned on in simulator mode (with the backlight on) and it ran for just over 2 days continuous. Decided this was plenty for a trip of 3 hours, plus it weighs less than 1kg.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
I have a humminbird wide 100 fishfinder and the battery that I use on my inflatable is similar to the one you provided the link to, but my one is 2ah. I did a test with the fishfinder turned on in simulator mode (with the backlight on) and it ran for just over 2 days continuous. Decided this was plenty for a trip of 3 hours, plus it weighs less than 1kg.
Blimey thats less than 1amp per day, thats amazing, & I turn my stuff off after I have anchored up to save the batteries:oops: with a 72AHC for the engine, a 46AHC for the radio, GPS, & sounder, plus a 17AHC running the chartplotter I cant see me running short of battery power!:giveup:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advise guys!
Monktonland, your Humminbird wide 100 has significantely less power consumption than my model - Only 250 Watts (RMS)
2000 Watts (Peak to Peak).
I think I'll stick with the 7AH battery. It is only 2 kilos.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts