World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would i catch if it was raining and windy? would i catch anything? would i be able to catch makerel?

·
Registered
137 Posts
:my best guess would be a cold, or possibly pneumonia perhaps? especially if you aren't wrapped up! :)

But seriously, Mackerel tend to prefer settled conditions, but it depends on the venue I suppose....

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
The fishing is pretty much unaffected by rain because, on the whole, the fish don't really mind getting wet. :)

The weather that brings the rain is much more important.
For example, if it's rough, forget mackerel or ray; dead calm, and bass are much harder to locate.

Personally, I love fishing in the rain. It usually means it's overcast (no damned moon), often the 'right amount' of surf and a lot more chance of finding small, good marks free cos most people are far too sensible to be out in it

The technical angling term for these people is nancy-boys
:whistling​

·
Registered
241 Posts
I totally agree with you 4Fox, fishing in the rain doesn't seem to effect the fishing although I do seem to get less bites than when its just overcast. I think I've only ever blanked once when its been raining and that was because I only lasted 30 mins due to a massive thunder storm rolling right over my head, scary stuff!

If the sea state is still fairly calm then you will still catch mackerel, possibly more than in bright conditions. I would agree again with 4Fox that it is the sea conditions that will dictate what you are likely to catch.

·
Registered
137 Posts
to clarify my thoughts on the venue - a lot of rain/river floodwater in an estuary can push the flounders nearer the sea for example...

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
sounds like the cornish who pulled out of the putts meet, just because of a little wind and rain!
If i am not mistaken, you had dissapeared by the time we got there......just when the wind picked up!!!!
What did you say was the technical term colin? nancy boys was it??????

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
cheeky bugger i was one of the last to leave the beach.

must admit was great excercise chasing a fully loaded seatbox up and down the beach all night lol
I WAS the last to leave - about an hour after the last of you Nancies disappeared home !

It was quite a surreal experience being out there , alone , in a pitch black sandstorm.:blink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts