World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would i catch if it was raining and windy? would i catch anything? would i be able to catch makerel?

·
Registered
143 Posts
:my best guess would be a cold, or possibly pneumonia perhaps? especially if you aren't wrapped up! :)

But seriously, Mackerel tend to prefer settled conditions, but it depends on the venue I suppose....

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
The fishing is pretty much unaffected by rain because, on the whole, the fish don't really mind getting wet. :)

The weather that brings the rain is much more important.
For example, if it's rough, forget mackerel or ray; dead calm, and bass are much harder to locate.

Personally, I love fishing in the rain. It usually means it's overcast (no damned moon), often the 'right amount' of surf and a lot more chance of finding small, good marks free cos most people are far too sensible to be out in it

The technical angling term for these people is nancy-boys
:whistling​

·
Registered
241 Posts
I totally agree with you 4Fox, fishing in the rain doesn't seem to effect the fishing although I do seem to get less bites than when its just overcast. I think I've only ever blanked once when its been raining and that was because I only lasted 30 mins due to a massive thunder storm rolling right over my head, scary stuff!

If the sea state is still fairly calm then you will still catch mackerel, possibly more than in bright conditions. I would agree again with 4Fox that it is the sea conditions that will dictate what you are likely to catch.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
sounds like the cornish who pulled out of the putts meet, just because of a little wind and rain!
If i am not mistaken, you had dissapeared by the time we got there......just when the wind picked up!!!!
What did you say was the technical term colin? nancy boys was it??????

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
If i am not mistaken, you had dissapeared by the time we got there......just when the wind picked up!!!!
What did you say was the technical term colin? nancy boys was it??????
cheeky bugger i was one of the last to leave the beach.

must admit was great excercise chasing a fully loaded seatbox up and down the beach all night lol

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
cheeky bugger i was one of the last to leave the beach.

must admit was great excercise chasing a fully loaded seatbox up and down the beach all night lol
I WAS the last to leave - about an hour after the last of you Nancies disappeared home !

It was quite a surreal experience being out there , alone , in a pitch black sandstorm.:blink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.