World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the show today.
Went on a Cheetah Cat wit TWIN 300 HP Suzukis!!!!

I also took a good look at the new Smartliners - very impressive, loads of deck space, propper fishing boat without the poxy bathing platform that other boats have.
Saw the new warrior 170, Hull looks much better but what the hell are they thinking with those stern seats and the ski pole? ITS A FISHING BOAT FFS!!

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Saw the new warrior 170, Hull looks much better but what the hell are they thinking with those stern seats and the ski pole? ITS A FISHING BOAT FFS!!
Families some people think of there families and so i suppose it would make good sense from a manurfacturers point of view to consider everyone

ETEC

·
Registered
389 Posts
i thought warrior designed the 170 from the start as a fun family boat..but you could also order(de spec it)as an angling boat to fit somewhere between the 165/175,only been on one once and i thought it was fantastic with a DF90 on the back

·
Registered
137 Posts
A boat with the versatility and a suprior capability to double up as a 'fun boat' and a fishing boat is a winner in my eyes. Pred165, what was the ride like in the 170?

·
Registered
485 Posts
A boat with the versatility and a suprior capability to double up as a 'fun boat' and a fishing boat is a winner in my eyes. Pred165, what was the ride like in the 170?
like all warriors wet wet wet

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
propper fishing boat without the poxy bathing platform that other boats have.
Dont knock the bathing platforms John, perfect place for putting a live-bait tank !.

Cant ever recall anybody doing much "bathing" from mine tho, altho we did push Shipwreck overboard once and he used it to scramble back aboard! Rob

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Hmmmmm, not much in the way of an answer to the original question "what did you think of the boat show?"

Was thinking of having a drive down but hoped to hear a bit of feedback on whether it was any better than last year.

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
I went Sunday and lots to see,thought it was better than when I last went a couple of years ago
May well have a look in then mate.

Interested to see the "EvoBoats" that were supposed to have been reviewed in October issue of BFM, full page advert on page 33 saying "For more details check out the test on pages 56-57 which are actually a review of the "Sea Champion 18"

·
Registered
3,217 Posts

Interested to see the "EvoBoats" that were supposed to have been reviewed in October issue of BFM, full page advert on page 33 saying "For more details check out the test on pages 56-57 which are actually a review of the "Sea Champion 18"

I subscribe to BFM and liked the look of the Sea Chamion 18, looks are fairly good cockpit area !
I was thinking about making one day this week, will be a first for me !

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
I subscribe to BFM and liked the look of the Sea Chamion 18, looks are fairly good cockpit area !
I was thinking about making one day this week, will be a first for me !
Do you still have the Cox? Interesting boat!

The Sea Champion did look a handy little tool but the Evo's full page advert was a bit of an appetiser so may nip down for a gander myself.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I have had a couple of days there this week, much of a muchness, same as last year with a few new goodies.

I had a play with Geoff Holt on the Cheetah Cat 'Wet Wheels' which is the one Gibberfish has mentioned with the twin Suzuki 300s. Fantastic machine, a ten metre charter boat that runs flat out at 52 knots!!!!

This one is designed and built for disabled anglers and I wish Geoff, himself a quadraplegic, every success. I understand that days may be set aside for charter by able bodied anglers.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Do you still have the Cox? Interesting boat!

The Sea Champion did look a handy little tool but the Evo's full page advert was a bit of an appetiser so may nip down for a gander myself.
Yes, still have the cox 27 fisher......to be honest can't see any reason to upgrade or change it for many years - VERY happy with it.
just awaiting the winter lift out, ready for new engine mounts :headhurt:

I'm down Southampton tomorrow (Friday), first ever boat show, so looking forward to it...:punk:

·
Registered
11,759 Posts

It was tested in the previous issue - I guess they repeated the ad and in error forgot to remove the reference to the test.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Was at the show yesterday, had a great day out, thoroughly enjoyed it, from kayaks to 14 and a half million £ gin palaces, what else can you ask for.

i've not been for 25years and Jane had never been so can't compair it to any recent shows, but will defo go again,

Andy

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Nice to have bumped into a few of you over the last few days.
Not exactly a range of angling boats (!), but anyone else popping down would be very welcome to come and say hello.
Testing the water for us with Broom Boats and I must say they are very nicely put together. Don't know about the other dealers, but for me it is turning in to a good show.

Come and say hello, I am on the water on E234.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Went there last saturday, first time, enjoyed the day! Lots of "stalls" selling clothes tho! Had a good look around quite a few boats. Sunseekers were good but a bit out of budget! Have made my mind up on the next boat, a year or two yet, but I am now looking at the QS 640PH. Liked the room and the layout. So worth me going!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts