World Sea Fishing Forums banner

What do you guys think of this? (R/fishing)

Discussion 
2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Madmoodster 
#1 ·
I came across this and obviously couldn't help but to call it extremely unusual and possibly made up. Yes we know of turtles and birds mistaking plastic as food sources but a bass swallowing a plastic bottle? An inanimated tasteless hard plastic bottle? I now feel stupid knowing that I have likely spent £2k+ over the years in lure fishing while I could have just add a treeble to a bottle of evian water.
Adaptation Toddler Landscape Sand Soil

See less See more
#4 ·
If true its a sad indication of the state of our seas. On the other hand it's also testament to the predator/ scavenger/ opportunistic freeloader that is old Labrax. There's been times this year that I'm damn certain they'd have chased and taken a suitably rigged bit of clear plastic that was a long way removed from our desired Japanese imports! On the most exceptional day this year I landed ten fish in ten consecutive casts with multiple hits/attempts on every retrieve - so ridiculous was the feeding frenzy that it made me change lures to try many - but yet they still came. So I'm quite sure nothing is impossible. Oh his wonderful addiction 😍

#5 ·
Devils advocate I'll say 50/50 it's fake or real, but we're talking about Reddit where somebody will have original content removed as offensive then post the original as their own a week later for karma farming.

In short, don't post anything on Reddit if you don't want to be called a liar or have your own original content stolen. Girls gone wild is good though, I thought it was about females wild camping and roughing it :sneaky:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.