World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Hey Caster

With an 18lb cod from the beach, you are probably one of the best guys on this forum to say what rod is good - that beast must have given your rod a run for its money.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Caster,

If the STS13PM is anything like the TD_XS129PM then it is bloody brilliant.
Packed up beach fihing 20 years ago and walked off the beach at that time with ABU 464s.129PM so far in advance of them that I don't believe it.
Can't believe how light it is and how progressive the action is.Was slightly worried that it would be unforgiving b4 use but no worries now.Bite detection great too-tip comparable to match rod.I used to consider Daiwa 2nd best or 'holiday' tackle in 70's and 80's but have changed views now. Don't like coasters however-464s had them-and am considering changing-but apart from that first class.
Regards'
John

·
Registered
568 Posts
Welcome caster180

I've had one since Xmas. It hasn't had a great deal of use yet so I can't comment fully, but I do like it. I don't find it as nice to use as my Daiwa AWB, but I think it is more versatile, and defo has more backbone so should cope with moderately rough ground as well as clean beaches.

There are certainly slimmer and better rods around, but I do think this is a good 'un for the money (same can also be said of the cheaper Sandstorm) which will provide many years of good service.

If you are intending to use it with the reel in the low position then you will be interested to know that it doesn't come with a reducer.

As ever with rod choice, it comes down to personal preference and intended use.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you all for your welcome comments. was thinking of a 129, cos i go casting over grass as well . dont know how the sts will put up with that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts