World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother has just come back from Tenerife and sent me this pic. He said that there must have been 100 of these fish patroling around the water near to where he was having lunch in a restaurant near the sea. What do you reckon? Mullett or something like that. I think there are a few other species in the pic as well?

Wish it was like that over here. What a nice sight seeing all the fish so close in and just mooching about.

Whop.

G

·
Mullet
Whopper, come down to Salterns in Poole and we get 'em just like that when we chuck a bit of loose feed in.

G

·
I went to a restaurant on a dockside in St Maarten last year and there were loads of Tarpon up to about 5ft long swimming around the deck just like the picture above. Now that really was a sight to behold:)

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Remember catchin mullet in Majorca on hols as a wee boy. The harbour was full of em so my dad bought a small handline and a toasted bacon sandwich as bait.
Also remember seeing big eels down the side of the boats feeding on fish guts thrown overboard.
Happy days....

·
Registered
311 Posts
My brother lives in tenerife i was there in march and he took me to this harbor were the mullet get to about 10 lb (you can't fish for them they are a bit of a tourist attraction)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Saw very similar in Feurtaventura. Where we were staying there was a tidal pool that you could swim in, it used to fill with huge mullet. You could go in the water with a handfill of bread and they would fight to take it from your hand. Quite amazing being in the middle of a boil of fish all trying to get hold of what you had in your hand!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hard buggers to catch, why there's so many.

they are easy to catch if you know how? either a mepps with the treble cut off and a 6cm length of line and a size 1 hook and and 3cm bit of rag on the hook... or a plain hook with a lump of crust on it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts