·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive heard about using it for bass, but i dont actually know what it is :S:help:

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
A good little tip i was given when free lining, is to take a live joey (or pouting), and to use a pair of scissors to trim down the tail fins and dorsal fin,, this you do for 2 reasons,,, (1) it prevents the joey / pouting from going "mental" and tangling up your line,, and (2), because the bait fish is not able to swim to its full potential, it panics in the water, which gives off certain vibrations and pheromones that will draw predatory fish from a fair distance away,,, Hope this helps,,Marc..:punk:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
ive heard about using it for bass, but i dont actually know what it is :S:help:
Freelining is using a live bait and allowing it to swim around with out any leads with your reel in free spool or bail arm open can also be done with a float but use a light lead on a larger float the bait will fight against the float dont use the correct lead for the float as your bait will be able to sink it use a 4oz float and a 2oz lead and wait for the float to vanish

·
Registered
649 Posts
Have had some of my best catches last year freelining, dont need to be a live bait either. Had wrasse to 5lb on freelined giant prawn, pollack to 6lb on freelined mackeral fillet, double figure (just) conger with same and a mullet on free lined bread flake. Off the rocks I use a bass rod and fixed spool reel with 20lb braid and 15 foot 15lb flouro nylon leader. Off a pier for mullet and bass I use a 10foot spinning rod. Just watch the line where it enters the water, when it straightens, strike!
Will be using these tactics from tomorrow when I am off to the Lizard in Cornwall for a few days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts