World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the other week, (2weeks ago) i was fishing in sandwich bay on the left on the private estate, fish away then suddenly this drunk man turns up out the blue, i nearly ****e my pants, he had a rod so i just assumed he was fishing and had to many beers, there was oneother fisherman about 500yards up beach

after a 5 min chat, he was telling me he was looking for a bait digger on a push bike (alarm bells) as he needed some worms, and some leads and he had walked 6 miles to get there...

this was about 3am high tide, i turned my head tourch on, reeled in, and i looked over at the bloke and he had a huge knife strapped to the side of his leg, in the end he got board and staggard up the beach

but this situation could of turned nasty, what if the drunk turned aggressive, as i refused to give my bait out, i dont mind given my unused bait to any one when i finnished, but that day i only had a couple of score,

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
I know what you mean ,i seem to attract the nutters,id say if fishing on ya own HAVE YOUR OWN BIG CROCKADILE DUNDEE KNIFE STRAPPED IN SIGHT AS WELL,thats what i do when on me own

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
may be i should invest in one of those, just looking at swords on ebay now lol:1a:

·
Registered
300 Posts
the other week, (2weeks ago) i was fishing in sandwich bay on the left on the private estate, fish away then suddenly this drunk man turns up out the blue, i nearly ****e my pants, he had a rod so i just assumed he was fishing and had to many beers, there was oneother fisherman about 500yards up beach

after a 5 min chat, he was telling me he was looking for a bait digger on a push bike (alarm bells) as he needed some worms, and some leads and he had walked 6 miles to get there...

this was about 3am high tide, i turned my head tourch on, reeled in, and i looked over at the bloke and he had a huge knife strapped to the side of his leg, in the end he got board and staggard up the beach

but this situation could of turned nasty, what if the drunk turned aggressive, as i refused to give my bait out, i dont mind given my unused bait to any one when i finnished, but that day i only had a couple of score,
This drunk person..... I know who your talking about! funnily enough he comes on this forum! He goes by the name of ESSEXDANGLER..... did he turn up in a really smelly car with the wing mirror tapped on?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I was driving down to the bay to pump some lug a couple of week's back, broad daylight when we were flagged down by a couple of right shifty looking characters. I only stopped because they had beach fishing gear with them!!!! one asked if i had a mobile phone as the Taxi that was due to pick them up hadn't arrived, bearing in mind it was practically low tide, far end of the bay and one of them had a face full of tatoo's and the other one an escapee from Alcatraz, my other half got qiute frightened and told me to drive on so i said sorry no[ p-hone on me mate]and drove on.I only hope they weren't member's of this forum, but lads if your out there why go to the shallows if you haven't got transport? it's miles from civilization as we know it and the fishing at this time of year is Pant's!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I was driving down to the bay to pump some lug a couple of week's back, broad daylight when we were flagged down by a couple of right shifty looking characters. I only stopped because they had beach fishing gear with them!!!! one asked if i had a mobile phone as the Taxi that was due to pick them up hadn't arrived, bearing in mind it was practically low tide, far end of the bay and one of them had a face full of tatoo's and the other one an escapee from Alcatraz, my other half got qiute frightened and told me to drive on so i said sorry no[ p-hone on me mate]and drove on.I only hope they weren't member's of this forum, but lads if your out there why go to the shallows if you haven't got transport? it's miles from civilization as we know it and the fishing at this time of year is Pant's!!!!!!!!
looks like the bay is fishing then!!

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
So you think you have the ability to pre-judge people because they have tattoo's,

·
Registered
392 Posts
No mate ,i don't predjudge people let's just say it was a bit strange two guy's miles from anywhere no transport, no phone and claiming to be waiting for a Taxi to take them home from an obvious allnighter. if that had been at night and i'd been on my own i would have been scared! No i'm not a sad misguided individual I often fish alone at night and whilst not being scared of the dark or wild animal's, i am aware that some nasty individual's do exist on this Planet i alway's stay alert.Got nothing against tattoo's and i'd be the first to help out a genuine fisher in distress and maybe these guy's were genuine nice guy's but i was replying to a thread here on scary moment's fishing alone!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
i now have a large ex coppers truncheon....in fact we are allowed to carry a cosh.....cos after all we need to bash fish........ps....leave the fillet knife in the bag.....

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
with out going into to much details this guy had scars across his face, said he was looking for a bait digger at night, and kept saying "you know what i mean" this guy may of been genuine, but it did get my slightly worried,,, like i say he might of looking for a mate bait digging in the dark at high tide at 3am lol

·
Registered
311 Posts
but this situation could of turned nasty, what if the drunk turned aggressive, as i refused to give my bait out, i dont mind given my unused bait to any one when i finnished, but that day i only had a couple of score,[/QUOTE]

we used to get loads of drunks on torquay pier as kids throwin our stuff in,getting aggressive.couldnt run away either dead end.
but it was good watching some of the stuff couples do after the nightclubs on a pier ha ha
sod havin a knife out though,theres probably bigger than mine ha
glenn

·
Registered
346 Posts
Fished the bay last Thursday night and was approached by a SLIM VERY TANNED OR VERY DIRTY man who stopped to talk as I unloaded the tackle. He then went along the bins, rummaging through them and then back along the beach to a group of people with a tent and a fire on the go. I think the pikies are holidaying down there!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hopefully the buggers wont disturb me when Im playing golf down there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
think about it people! couple of descent multipliers £300.00 , 2 or 3 rods £600.00, head lamp £150.00 and a box full of bits and pieces £??????
could be easy pickings for some low life scaghead with a craving for tennants super. no cameras or pc plod on a deserted beach

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Think I'll stick to the Dark side, only had to use my baseball bat a couple of times this week on over excited bird watchers

·
Registered
295 Posts
Could it be that the residents of the estate have finally realised that the road toll charge isn't enough to keep us hairy-ar*ed anglers out of their sight and have now resorted to scare tactics?

If not, then I'm wondering what they'll be thinking now about the new folk on their beach...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts