World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wishing everyone a happy new year, with hopefully a lot of good fish being landed! My year hasn't got off to the best start so far, having tested positive last night, but hopefully better things to come with 2022. Has anyone got a particular target or goal for this year, if so, would be interesting to hear.

All the best,

Al

·
Registered
11,930 Posts
Depends if some of my old fishing buddies can make it over this year, if so they want target mako's and tiger sharks. So if they do get out here again a few of those will be the target.

For me, its to spend more time under the water swimming with the fish rather than dangling a line over the side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wishing everyone a happy new year, with hopefully a lot of good fish being landed! My year hasn't got off to the best start so far, having tested positive last night, but hopefully better things to come with 2022. Has anyone got a particular target or goal for this year, if so, would be interesting to hear.

All the best,

Al
my goal this year is to catch a shore caught tope which I found out is very possible not to far from where I live then once I’ve complicated this task I wonna go catch my first big skate up north I feel this is more then reasonable for my 2022 goals two big fish in 12 months as one local one il class as a holiday sorry to hear about the covid what are your goals for this year

·
Registered
Shakespeare
52 Posts

All the best,

Al
Hope it passes quickly mate.

First goal is to get to the coast more. I live in Northampton so life sometimes gets in the way.

This year I'm aiming more for species that I haven't caught before. This means targeted sessions with better research and cherry picking venues.

That said,..Will probably end up just wetting a line when is most convenient 😂

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depends if some of my old fishing buddies can make it over this year, if so they want target mako's and tiger sharks. So if they do get out here again a few of those will be the target.

For me, its to spend more time under the water swimming with the fish rather than dangling a line over the side.
Australia sounds incredible Jon, love reading your reports and photos. Hope all is well, and tight lines.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my goal this year is to catch a shore caught tope which I found out is very possible not to far from where I live then once I’ve complicated this task I wonna go catch my first big skate up north I feel this is more then reasonable for my 2022 goals two big fish in 12 months as one local one il class as a holiday sorry to hear about the covid what are your goals for this year
Goodluck mate some great targets there, wish you all the best with them. Mine I think is to concentrate on landing a double figure bass as I've never put too much time into it but it's something I'd like to achieve. Hope all is well and tight lines!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hope it passes quickly mate.

First goal is to get to the coast more. I live in Northampton so life sometimes gets in the way.

This year I'm aiming more for species that I haven't caught before. This means targeted sessions with better research and cherry picking venues.

That said,..Will probably end up just wetting a line when is most convenient 😂
Thanks mate, and hope you are able to get to the coast more. Targeting specific species can be my favourite kind of fishing, always a good feeling when they reach the net. The two shore species I'd like to add this year are turbot and red mullet. Goodluck with it all mate, and tight lines!

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Wow Al, get better soon mate.

I am very positive that you will achieve your target, and wish you very tight lines in 2022.

Mine would be to get out fishing more. Using the fly rod more for a target I am yet to catch on the fly, being mullet.

Take care Al, and stay warm

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I have several goals for the year.

1. To try and beat my PB Bass (currently 6lb)
2. To Try and catch Halibut / Turbot and / or Monkfish on our annual trip to Shetland
3. To try and get my first Blue and Porgie in North Wales
4. (The one I hope for most of all) To try and get a 500lb Blue Marlin.

tbh, I’d be happy with any one of the above :)

·
Registered
7,906 Posts
I would like to beat my PB thick lipped mullet of 5lb 6ozs if possible, a double figure turbot would be nice as well. Other than that it is to do what I can to support sea angling throughout 2022 and beyond.

Hope you get negative covid results as soon as possible.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It’s an easy one for me this year. Have been an overhead thumper for years so plan to improve my casting technique and hopefully my distance. Then to target species more starting with any luck a cod.
Good target for sure, I'm the same really. Always used rods up to 12ft and recently got a pair of 14ft beach rods to diversify my fishing, it's very clear I need to improve my casting to get more out of the rods. Goodluck with the cod, and hope 2022 goes well!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow Al, get better soon mate.

I am very positive that you will achieve your target, and wish you very tight lines in 2022.

Mine would be to get out fishing more. Using the fly rod more for a target I am yet to catch on the fly, being mullet.

Take care Al, and stay warm
Thanks mate, appreciate it. I hope so, and that's a great target, more sessions and landing a mullet on the fly, can imagine the fight to be something special. Need to get mine up and running soon haha, once I learn how! You were right with the double handed cast, seemed to be a lot more comfortable.
Hope all is well mate and that you have a great 2022, Tight lines

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have several goals for the year.

1. To try and beat my PB Bass (currently 6lb)
2. To Try and catch Halibut / Turbot and / or Monkfish on our annual trip to Shetland
3. To try and get my first Blue and Porgie in North Wales
4. (The one I hope for most of all) To try and get a 500lb Blue Marlin.

tbh, I’d be happy with any one of the above :)
An annual trip to Shetland, that sounds incredible. Any of those species would be a big achievement, good luck and all the best with it! Tight lines

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would like to beat my PB thick lipped mullet of 5lb 6ozs if possible, a double figure turbot would be nice as well. Other than that it is to do what I can to support sea angling throughout 2022 and beyond.

Hope you get negative covid results as soon as possible.
Both very interesting targets there Reg, best of luck with them. I lost a cracking thick lip last year, got it to the net, in the net, and in typical mullet fashion, flew back out of the net to go on a strong run managing to throw the hook, was gutted! Would love to catch a turbot this year, they seem pretty difficult to specifically target from the shore, won't stop me trying though. Tight lines, and happy new year!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good target for sure, I'm the same really. Always used rods up to 12ft and recently got a pair of 14ft beach rods to diversify my fishing, it's very clear I need to improve my casting to get more out of the rods. Goodluck with the cod, and hope 2022 goes well!
Like you recently bought an anyfish anywhere 6&bait rod and have a shimano aspire. Bad luck with the COVID by the way. I had it over Christmas last year. It’s a party pooper. Hope you are coping well and get well soon. Good post by the way with some interesting reply‘s. All the best for this year.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Thanks mate, appreciate it. I hope so, and that's a great target, more sessions and landing a mullet on the fly, can imagine the fight to be something special. Need to get mine up and running soon haha, once I learn how! You were right with the double handed cast, seemed to be a lot more comfortable.
Hope all is well mate and that you have a great 2022, Tight lines
Hi Al, Hopefully you will be all clear soon and back out soon by the water.

We will get together when your better, we are back in Birmingham this weekend for the last time. Then I am free.

I have hoping to be out tomorrow, searching for flounder.

Take care Al

·
Registered
21,787 Posts

All the best,

Al
:(My goal is to get well enough to go fishing but It will need the NHS to do it's job and provide what's needed as I can't be cured by a phone call. :(

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Al, Hopefully you will be all clear soon and back out soon by the water.

We will get together when your better, we are back in Birmingham this weekend for the last time. Then I am free.

I have hoping to be out tomorrow, searching for flounder.

Take care Al

That sounds great Gavin, look forward to it. Hope you managed to find a flounder or two, I've got a few areas I think might be worth a try.

Sorry to hear mate, hope is all well with you and Rose. Best wishes,

Al

1 - 20 of 54 Posts