World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Fishy Jim
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever i talk people, wether it be anglers, or some of me customers, I have noticed that so many people prefer certain fish over others.....
So this made me put this thread up, Bascially all ime asking is:

'Whats your favourite fish to eat and why??'

even some recipie ideas would be intresting...
my personal favorite - (even though i will never catch one!) is a nice bit of 'baked' halibut, with lemon black pepper and butter,- Nice and simple.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Mackeral for me too, but it has to be really fresh.

we ether ice the big ones down as soon as we get them, leave them swimming in the bait tank until we dock. Or better still get the gas on and eat them on the boat.

Charlie

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
haddock is the best fish ,but im parcial to some propper kippers

·
Registered
563 Posts
Showing my age here. Herring grilled, straight from the sea. Can't be beat. Used to get them in the Clyde, and that phrase fits a lot of fish now!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
ive had gurnard a couple times and thought that tasted nice, but my fav ever fish meal was something i had in malaysia. Was called a chicken fish!!! and was just simply grilled with a portion of chillies on the side..mmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
887 Posts
Plaice may just edge it, but ultra fresh mackerel, gurnard, monk, scallops...so long as I caught it and its fresh near 'nuff any fish...

·
Banned
1,597 Posts
Haddock out the Chippy.

It's the only fish I eat.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Sardines, as crisp as they come.. mackeral next, fresh as, under the grill, little vinegar & black pepper & crusty b&b....

·
Registered
748 Posts
Cod

Boiled in seawater, served with cod roe and liver, allong with fresh potatoes...eat til you drop, then sleep for 18 hours or so. And don't bother drinking any alcohol with this stuff. It simply wont work!

I grew up on that stuff :)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
fresh cod for me as the flakes just fall off it if you cook it just right on the bbq in the middle of the winter lol but i do like a bit of fresh plaice too

look at the posts 15 replys and only one vote for bass lol

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Very fresh bass baked or steamed in the oven gently for around 30 mins at 200 degrees or so with salad and potatos / oven bread with squeezed lemon over the fish

·
Registered
557 Posts
"You ever tried Smoothhound or Dogfish that you've caught then ? "

Spurdog are the best:secret:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Toss up between chargrilled fresh squid or bbq black bream for me! I never can decide which is the best! Probably because of the amounts of alcohol drunk at various bbqs:drunk:

Somebody mentioned that there were not many votes for bass! There was a cooking program on not so long ago whereby they went out caught black bream and bass and had a taste test at the quayside after cooking them identically. Black Bream came out tops!:punk:

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
1) Mackerel. Just brilliant. Easy to catch, easy to cook, taste stunning.
2) Red Mullet. Beautiful tender soft juicy delicate Red Mullet. Only wish I caught more of them.

Bass is fine to eat, but has been made fashionable by a lot of TV chefs etc. Safe to say its overrated I think.

·
The Bait Guy
304 Posts
Fried Halibut is the best END OF!
And for those of you who doubt the amazing taste of Halibut then try it yourself:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 119 Posts