World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
As above use two myself have done for years. You kind of limited on makes you wont get a penn or slosh leftie for the beach. Abu shimano fladden and a few others do lefties. Abu designate their left hand reels with a 1 so 7000i left hand would be the model 7001i , 6500 is 6501

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All the Abu left handed multipliers are level wind, I currently use a Swedish built Abu 7001 big game version which I converted in a ct with removing the level wind, I have used the new 7001i Chinese built Abu and it didn't last a season. The akios range of reels are tempting and the do a mag ct version of one which is the same size of the Abu 6500 but I don't know if reels that size would cope with the rougher stuff and I like to use the old 50lb fireline, I also have the option of buying a shimano Calcutta 700 but don't know anything about them and 17lb max drag doesn't sound much.

·
Registered
876 Posts
penn have done some lefty versions this year i cant remember which at the moment but i will check when i get to work ,i think one might be the fathoms ( dont quote me yet as i am not certain) but ive been using the 15's for a while and they have been great

1 - 10 of 10 Posts