World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well what5 can I say except was on the arm at Shoreham with my old m8 Arthur fishing, enjoying the scenery hauling in a little rockling when my mobile phone went off another m8 who had gone fishing at Littlehampton harbour with his young son.

We exchanged niceties etc. etc and when I asked him what he had caught, he went quiet for a while said he had caught a real big thing in the shape of the Littlehampton Lifeboat well it appears they had launched and his hook had caught it and despite the fact he played it really hard it broke off and went on its way, the boat that is.

When he told me I just dissolved in a heap through laughing so did my m8. although we did later find out that the boat was launched because they had been informed there was an empty boat adrift and I dont know the outcome so come on lads and lasses anything to beat that.

:boat: :boat:

·
Registered
482 Posts
last time I was fishing the outflow of the local powerstation. I had one small rod resting at 1 side with bait and was spinning from the other. I lift into a fish with the spinning rod. I pull hard and and start realing in. I land the fish but it seems to be hooked on a rag worm instead of a lure... I had pulled in the rod at the other side and landed the bass with the wrong rod. I could however retrieve the other rod. lucky me...

Jan:giveup:

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Can anyone top my full bunch of bananas caught on a redgill lure back in the 70s? :D

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
sorry, I forgot to mention the christmas tree complete with tinsel from Soldiers Point one year.:)

·
Banned
431 Posts
i once caught this bird and DAM i got married to her and there went all my fishing lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
My mate had a 140lb jetskier from Worthing pier last year. They are a ******* to peal, and they taste awful - best thrown back in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
My mate had a 140lb jetskier from Worthing pier last year. They are a ******* to peal, and they taste awful - best thrown back in my opinion.
Its best to catch these by boat, then you can tie the line to your stern post, tow it out 10 miles then cut it loose.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Its best to catch these by boat, then you can tie the line to your stern post, tow it out 10 miles then cut it loose.

whats that at full pelt :boat:

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
was fishim the other week at newhaven with a bloke called duncan.

anywho he had loads an loads of gear and took him ages to set up,eventually he gets around to setting up his spinning rod,why i dont know as it was early march.

this takes about 20 mins cos all his lures are tangled up so i lend a hand and choose him a nice dexter wedge and tie it up for him.

ok now comes the funny part he holds his rod over his head like some sort of ninja and takes an almighty run towards the railings and does a sort of samari swipe to launch his dexter out into the distance, just in time for a speed boat to come by and take all his line and the dexter with it couldnt help laughing as he looks at his now stripped reel:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Portland harbor last year
I was spinning away when the rod tip went round and the clucth started ripping line off, must have run about 2/300 yards before it came off,gutted! at least it gave be a bit more distance on the retreve, It was a kite surfer god only knows how it managed to take my lure as it was a diving one! Them board must have a fin on the under side or something as the guy did not evon relise he was hooked,

·
Registered
131 Posts
Fishing off the Impo on Alderney, my brother hooked into something, no idea what, took 200 yards of 80lb mono with Steel conger trace and nearly him off the rocks as well, i had to grab him. We honestly have no idea what it was but he couldn't turn it, it was relentless in an outwards direction, I told him to cut it off he refused. Lost the entire spool. I think either a seal or a submarine?

I almost laughed till I shat

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Might have been a shark, read some interesting threads on here about shore caught sharks. . . . .

I caught a Kite surfer too Slayer down at Pevensey Bay. The bloke must have been one line short of a kite! He walked past me fishing with two rods out and proceeded to get into the sea about 5 metres to my right and the wind was blowing right to left. Suffice to say he got up on his board and went out and got blown over to the left and tangled himslef up in the line of my righthand rod. This could have been very dangerous if he wasn't wearing a life jacket (he defiantly needed it!). I was very tempted to strike as hard as I could but decided to loosen the spool and sit back and watch this lump in the water roll around and untangle himself from my line. It took him about 10mins to get free! I couldn't believe the sheer stupidity. I would have warned him but I though surely he can see I am fishing and my line was bright orange and yellow and straight out for all to see!

·
Registered
532 Posts
A bloody great big long net that some TO$$ERS anchored and left / forgotten at about 200 yds off shore in front of Pev Bay car park heading towards white horses.

So don't bother fishing there on long tides until it's been cut up and removed.

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
i once caught my carrier bag full of wrapped lug right near the end of a pendulum, launched it about thirty yards out, and then had to bring in a fully open, and now full of water, carrier bag, weighed a ton, took me about 20 mins to re wrap all me poxy wet lug !

also once caaught my lads line behind me, the tide had shoved his line about 15 yards further right across the beach than where i'd put it down, again doing a pendulum, i ripped his rod clean off the stand and down the beach, and snapped his line off too, half hour later we'd set him up again and cast him out, and he pulled in his snapped off rig/leader/line, complete with a lovely double shot of 30cm dab !! not to mention a dab and a whiting on the rig attached to his mainline !

other than that, i've caught plenty of groins !

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
A bloody great big long net that some TO$$ERS anchored and left / forgotten at about 200 yds off shore in front of Pev Bay car park heading towards white horses.

So don't bother fishing there on long tides until it's been cut up and removed.
I gather it's not marked as per regs? Who's got a boat down Pevensey then thats willing to get it out? :notworthy I've got a wet suit & snorkel but it's a bit cold/windy for that. Maybe worth having a chat with one of the locals who's got a boat and or boat winch?

CP - your lads/gals seem to catch quite alot when you go fishing, maybe even to the extent of catching more than you! :clap3:

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
CP - your lads/gals seem to catch quite alot when you go fishing, maybe even to the extent of catching more than you! :clap3:
yeah, about right, but wait til they have to bait up themselves, they were complaining of cold hands less than an hour into the match, i guess it didnt occur to them that i might have cold hands too, i was the only one who'd forgotten his gloves and wellies, and was the only one wading in for buckets of water, baiting up, and removing their fish, my hands were burning when i got back to the car ! they'd have given up early if i'd not done all that for them ! i'll be happier when they can catch more than me without me doing half the work for them !

·
Registered
390 Posts
When spinning a few years ago, a damned seagull took my lure in mid-cast :blink:

'Played' him for several minutes.. got him within 4-5 metres before he threw the hook :sad2:

Just as well as I was unsure as to the correct method for unhooking a large angry Herring Gull!! :boat:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts