World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've recently got back into fishing after a break of over 10 years, and my multiplier is in need of a good strip down, clean and lube, as I keep getting birdsnest (probably a combination of needing a service, 12 year old line and rusty casting technique).

Can anyone recommend what lubricant to use? I have the Abu Garcia C3 CT mag elite.

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
A drop or two of Red Rocket Fuel should be ok. Check that you have the brake blocks installed properly and that there is no oil or grease on them or the metal friction ring that they rub on.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
A drop or two of Red Rocket Fuel should be ok. Check that you have the brake blocks installed properly and that there is no oil or grease on them or the metal friction ring that they rub on.
Its a magged reel so no need to slow it down even more with brake blocks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh - Just remembered. Does the mag slider work ok?
I'm not sure the mag slider is working actually, not 100% sure. I've ordered some of the rocket fuel so waiting for that to arrive then I'll strip it down, clean and lubricate, and check the mag slider as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have you strippded down the mags before? It's a bit of a trick getting it back together. There's plenty of posts on how to do it. You can check if the mag is working by taking off the handle-side plate and spool and looking at the mag carrier as you move the slider. If it's anything like mine, you'll get hardly any movement until about half way, then it'll go from full off to full on in a couple of clicks. Not as subtle as a Blakdog monomag.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts