World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Carefully cut thru the epoxy on the guide foot and towards the guide, rather than the other way as if you slip it won't hit the blank. Once done, you can carefully peel the high build away and clean it up

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Carefully cut thru the epoxy on the guide foot and towards the guide, rather than the other way as if you slip it won't hit the blank. Once done, you can carefully peel the high build away and clean it up
cheers ,,what is the best a way of cleaning whats left behind after the ring is removed?? just the area where the ring was? ..or will i have to strip the whole thing ?

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
cheers ,,what is the best a way of cleaning whats left behind after the ring is removed?? just the area where the ring was? ..or will i have to strip the whole thing ?
just where the old whippings are, to protect either side just put some electrical tape round the blank so it guards the blank in case of any slips of the knife blade and when rubbing the old epoxy off with abrasive paper,

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pretty much what meanstreak said, but th paper you should use ideally is 60 grade wet and dry, and not put lots of pressure on it.

Are you re-ringing in exactly the same place?
no im not ,,what im doing is changing a rod from multi to fs ,,im beginning to get a bit confused tho by reading stuff on this subject ,,,now apparently you can use a fs reel on a multi rod (leaving rod as it is ) ,,but not wise to use the other way around ,,so i need to change the whole set up (total stripdown and rebuild ) i have ring spacings and i know to reverse the rings etc etc...this is what im having trouble getting my head around ... if i can use a multi rod for fs reel use ,,,why if i re ring it(for fs use) do they have to go on the opposite side then???am i missing something simple here ,,,maybe the answers staring me in the face ? just i cant see it ....the rod will be used for fishing purpose only ,,not field casting if that makes a difference ,,,cheers

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
You can use a fixed spool on a multi rod, but don't expect to be casting huge distances as the guides are smaller, just take it down the beach and try it, it should be fine for casting average distance,

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
no im not ,,what im doing is changing a rod from multi to fs ,,im beginning to get a bit confused tho by reading stuff on this subject ,,,now apparently you can use a fs reel on a multi rod (leaving rod as it is ) ,,but not wise to use the other way around ,,so i need to change the whole set up (total stripdown and rebuild ) i have ring spacings and i know to reverse the rings etc etc...this is what im having trouble getting my head around ... if i can use a multi rod for fs reel use ,,,why if i re ring it(for fs use) do they have to go on the opposite side then???am i missing something simple here ,,,maybe the answers staring me in the face ? just i cant see it ....the rod will be used for fishing purpose only ,,not field casting if that makes a difference ,,,cheers
It's only really the ring spacing and size that makes a rod multi or FS. If you wanted to re build it from multi to FS (which I am doing to a TTSM at the mo) so in theory, the spacings need to be worked out so their right for FS and the line isn't 'bridged' when there is a bend in the rod. Also, if the rods spine has been found properly, Fs guides need to be rung on the opposite side to where they are located when for a multi. Make sense? :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts